🚀 My PIVX Wallet v1.5.0 is LIVE!

1709119272086.png

This upgrade includes:
-
🔥
The first Decentralised, Light
🛡️
SHIELD Protocol.

- Exchange Addresses (compatibility with PIVX Core).
- Protocol Bump (restart your MNs!).
- 2 New Languages.
🇲🇪
🇵🇱

🔥 Give it a spin:
https://app.mypivxwallet.org

On the older versions, as on this latest version, on macOS and iOS under Safari and Chrome I'm usually getting that error message when visiting the page/app:
TypeError: undefined is not an object (evaluating 'Ma.find((t=>Oa[t]===e)).padEnd')

The eval might be different, but the message is always the same: undefined is not an obj

A general suggestion

I would like to see more energy put into running it as an image (and advertising it). It is already a Docker container (at least it has a Dockerfile I noticed).
This means it can run standalone without accessing the app.mpw webpage, on any computer and android mobile device.
This is security-wise excellent, as you don't need to be afraid of anyone catching on public wifi, or with DNS manipulation your private keys.

Additionally a suggestions for PIVCards, as it's part of the wallet, I guess:

It would be great to know how much PIVX in front it would cost to buy a card, not in the end of the checkout, and how much $ this represents.
For example, you want to buy a $50 Amazon voucher, but in the end it costs you $57. That would be nice to know

Last edited:
On the older versions, as on this latest version, on macOS and iOS under Safari and Chrome I'm usually getting that error message when visiting the page/app:

The eval might be different, but the message is always the same: undefined is not an obj
Thanks for the report! 🙏 We'll take a look where this is coming from.

A general suggestion

I would like to see more energy put into running it as an image (and advertising it). It is already a Docker container (at least it has a Dockerfile I noticed).
This means it can run standalone without accessing the app.mpw webpage, on any computer and android mobile device.
This is security-wise excellent, as you don't need to be afraid of anyone catching on public wifi, or with DNS manipulation your private keys.

Additionally a suggestions for PIVCards, as it's part of the wallet, I guess:

It would be great to know how much PIVX in front it would cost to buy a card, not in the end of the checkout, and how much $ this represents.
For example, you want to buy a $50 Amazon voucher, but in the end it costs you $57. That would be nice to know

A docker-powered deployment has just been merged to Master, actually! It is currently more suited towards Testing, but anyone with a little bit of know-how can relatively easily deploy MPW on their own setups, including the Explorers and RPC nodes required for MPW to function without any 3rd-party data sources.

For users of MyPIVXWallet, this already happens in-wallet (the wallet displays the value of PIV you're sending, before you send it), PIVCards currently has a 5% markup, so a $50 card would end up costing $52.50 - this is likely to drop slightly in the near future as an upcoming Labs Cashback system is planned.

A docker-powered deployment has just been merged to Master, actually! It is currently more suited towards Testing, but anyone with a little bit of know-how can relatively easily deploy MPW on their own setups, including the Explorers and RPC nodes required for MPW to function without any 3rd-party data sources.

Actually, I just took a deeper look. Starting the docker image locally and entering the RPC and explorer should already be fine. I believe this is a big thing to advertise - locally running the wallet from your docker desktop.

For users of MyPIVXWallet, this already happens in-wallet (the wallet displays the value of PIV you're sending, before you send it), PIVCards currently has a 5% markup, so a $50 card would end up costing $52.50 - this is likely to drop slightly in the near future as an upcoming Labs Cashback system is planned.

To be able to view the amount, one needs to enter first the refund address. I feel it would be more user friendly if you could see it first, after selecting the card, and then how much PIVX & $ it would be in total.
Additionally I'm missing important information:
- a list of available cards in the selected country - one can only search if something is there, a complete list would be definitely beneficial for the user
- what is being logged and stored - is my IP stored somewhere, how is the user data processed, what is kept and stored, where.
- who to address if there is a problem with the card

Last edited:
To be able to view the amount, one needs to enter first the refund address. I feel it would be more user friendly if you could see it first, after selecting the card, and then how much PIVX & $ it would be in total.
Ah, now I understand what you mean: the main issue here is that PIVCards actually does not compute and create the order until after the Refund Address stage, PIVCards is technically a reseller, so orders have to be created on-demand only when finalised, otherwise it'd be estimating, and I don't really like to show users "unfinalised" amounts.

Additionally I'm missing important information:
- a list of available cards in the selected country - one can only search if something is there, a complete list would be definitely beneficial for the user
- what is being logged and stored - is my IP stored somewhere, how is the user data processed, what is kept and stored, where.
- who to address if there is a problem with the card
To answer these sequentially:
- This is planned: just it may require some pretty large design efforts (currently our design team is 100% focused on MPW and PIVX Rewards), so this may take a little while to achieve.
- Your Refund Address and PIVX TXID is stored on our PIVCards Master server in case of any order issues: absolutely nothing else personally identifiable is logged, not IP nor any device information. (Of course: best to NOT trust me, I always recommend a VPN, Tor, and using fresh addresses for refunds, and paying with SHIELD, be as overkill as you like, PIVCards does not discriminate anonymity).
- Most order issues can typically be handled without contact (in these cases, the system automatically refunds you), in other cases; the PIVX Labs Discord has a ticket system for direct contact with the Labs team, whom you'd provide your Order ID to.