What's new

Archived PIVX SPORTS AMBASSADOR: Leading Australian Female Triathlete (And World Champion Contender) - Maighan Brown

Maighanbrown

New Pivian
About

Name
: Maighan Brown

VOTING DETAILS:

mnbudgetvote many fba6e980e47e198a7216f8f08737f8923b210a4200797e6cda3f4dc13b0e73ee yes
mnbudgetvote many fba6e980e47e198a7216f8f08737f8923b210a4200797e6cda3f4dc13b0e73ee no

At the age of 25 I entered my first triathlon on the Gold Coast, 4.5 years later I have secured my Professional Triathlon License, where I am now wanting to further my career within the sport & represent my country on a national level. I have been training under Olympic & World Champion Coach Craig Walton for the last 1.5years, with the goal of taking my career to the next level.

With the help of PIVX so far, I have not only managed to customize all of my race kits, race bike to the PIVX Colours and Logos. I have also been privileged to travel across Australia to all of my racers during my 2019/20 season and represent PIVX.

My 2020 season has not exactly taking off as expected due to the sudden Covid-19 outbreak & lockdown rules. As per my previous proposal, the racers outlined, have either been cancelled or postponed. With that all said, I have been given some exciting opportunities throughout these lockdown period to race in the virtual world. I have received some fantastic local media exposure & also the opportunity to keep motivated and race athletes all around with world in my own back yard.

For those that don’t know, I had recently competed in my first Professional 70.3 Ironman in Geelong, Melbourne with over 1500 competitors and thousands of spectators from all over the world, where I placed 8th out of 350 female competitors. This particular race was my first ever long course race consisting of a 1.9km swim, 90km ride & 21.1km run. I was able to come out of the swim in 2nd place, a close 5th place off the bike & I finished up 8th overall in my first Professional 70.3.

With that race, it has provided me a new and exciting pathway in my professional racing career. I have managed to race in the IronmanPro Virtual series over these past couple of months. The way in which that worked was, with all pools being closed they introduced a series that involved a different distance every week. First race was on a program through a virtual online program called “Rouvy” where I rode a 90km virtual circuit in Boulder, Colorado, a 5km run, followed by a 21.1km run. The run could be completed indoors or outdoors and could be done within 48hours of the start time (I have included some of the media clippings over the past couple of months that have appeared in our local papers and news)

With restriction now starting to ease in Australia & racers starting to appear back on the race calendar. I am excited to say, I have had my first race back last weekend in Rainbow Beach Queensland. It was a double sprint distance format ( 750m swim, 20km ride & 5km run) this was performed over the Saturday & Sunday. It was a great opportunity to allow me to put the COVID-19 training to good use :) I was happy to come away with 1st place. Next up for me is another local short course ITU race in Bribie Island about 1.5 hours away from my home town. Again this is the same format just over one day racing ( 750m swim, 20km ride & 5km run) This race has some of the best girls in the world lining up, so will be very exciting to have the opportunity to race them again. However, these racers have all been geared up for one of my biggest racers of the year that is still going ahead – Sunshine Coast 70.3. This is a World Championship race on the 13th September. The distance for this race is ( 1.9km swim, 90km ride & 21.1km run). I am already starting to get nervous ensuring the right preparation, however most of all I am excited and privileged I can continue to represent PIVX on a world level.

• 29th August 2020 Bribie Island ITU Sprint Distance
    • 13th September 2020 – Sunshine Coast 70.3 Australia - World Championship Qualifier
    • 11th October 2020 – Shepparton 70.3 Victoria
    • 1st November 2020 – Noosa Triathlon
These events attract thousands of competitors and spectator around the world. They also give me the opportunity to provide maximum exposure & represent PIVX on a Professional level. All of these events are recognized as worldwide qualifiers for the World Championships & also receive huge media exposure.

My proposal for the next budget of three month of PIVX. I would love to continue representing PIVX as a sports ambassador for the sum of 1000 PIV each month for the next three months.

In return I will continue to upload a minimum of 2 posts a week via Instagram tagging PIVX and utilising the relevant hashtags. I will also continue to wear the PIVX logo apparel to training sessions, local events, media releases & all of my professional racers. The PIVX will be utilised to assist with my monthly travel expenses, training expenses, nutrition & creating more exposure in the world of Triathlon for PIVX. I also aim to boost my social media following, expanding into a whole new pathway in the world of Triathlons.

And finally, I just wanted to say thank you, for all of your support to date. With the help of PIVX I have managed to pursue my goals & hopefully this year with the continued support of PIVX, see PIVX represented on a World Stage in Triathlons.

Once again, thank you and please feel free to provide any feedback.

RACE RESULT SUMMARY:

– Caloundra Triathlon Sprint Distance - 2nd Place 2015
– Raby Bay Triathlon Sprint Distance - 3rd Place 2015
– Luke Harrop Triathlon Sprint Distance - 3rd Place 2015
– Raby Bay Sprint Distance - 2nd Place 2015
– Byron Bay Olympic Distance - 1st Place 2016
– Robina National Championships - 2nd (age 25-29) 2016
– Kingscliff Olympic Distance - 1st (age 25-29) 2016
– Byron Bay Olympic Distance Triathlon - 1st Place

– World Age group Championships – Mexico, Cozumel - 18th
– Noosa Triathlon Olympic Distance - 1st Place (age 25-29)

– Robina Australian Triathlon Championships, Sprint Distance- 1st overall 2017
– Mooloolaba Australian Championships, Olympic Distance 1st Place
- Rotterdam, Netherlands – World Triathlon Championships, Sprint Distance (age 25-29) - 1st Place

– Glenelg, South Australia Elite Sprint Distance - 20th Place
– Luke Harrop Elite Sprint Distance – 7th Place
– Robina Sprint Distance Triathlon - 1st Place

• Noosa Triathlon – November – 10th

- Burleigh Swim Run - 1st Place
    - Mooloolaba Triathlon Sprint Distance - 1st Place
    - Super League Triathlon - Bali Qualifier - 8th Place
    - Queensland Tri Series Robina January – Opens 1st Place
  • Queensland Tri Series Olympic Distance -September – Opens 1st Place
  • Nepean Triathlon Elites– October – 3rd Place
  • Noosa Triathlon Elites – November – 12th

- 1500m open water swim – QLD Swim series – 1st place

- Swim- Run Miami – Opens 3rd Place

- Burleigh Swim Run – Elites 2nd Place

- 70.3 Ironman Geelong Professionals – 8th Place

- Rainbow Beach - 1st Place

Attachments

• Proposal.docx 28.05.2020.pdf
    1,007.1 KB · Views: 676
Last edited:
Amazing!

You are an inspiration for all the community. So is a big YES!! 😃
I love all your support, so THANK YOU!! 🙏I have my first race back this weekend, so I am just a tad excited to get my PIVX race suit back on & racing. It feels like a life time ago, I got to race... so bring on the weekend!! :love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

I know that lifetime-since-I-raced feeling, Maighan. In my case, of course, it really is!
But I just wanted to say that your enthusiasm is infectious and your dedication self-evident (I would add inspiring, but Zetty already got the jump on that one!).
What's more, you bring a welcome touch of glamour and excitement to the mostly dry world of crypto forks and chains, utxos and mempools 🥴.

Sorry -- nearly put myself to sleep there! Anyway, best of luck this weekend! :D

I know that lifetime-since-I-raced feeling, Maighan. In my case, of course, it really is!
But I just wanted to say that your enthusiasm is infectious and your dedication self-evident (I would add inspiring, but Zetty already got the jump on that one!).
What's more, you bring a welcome touch of glamour and excitement to the mostly dry world of crypto forks and chains, utxos and mempools 🥴.

Sorry -- nearly put myself to sleep there! Anyway, best of luck this weekend! :D
Gosh I feel so special & lucky to have you all in my corner supporting me. Makes me feel very special, so a massive THANK YOU!!!! :):)

I had a great race weekend. It was nice to see my COVID training has finally been put to good use. I managed to come away with the win on Saturday by 2 minutes, so very very happy with how I executed my race. 😊 Now hopefully I get to race again my second 70.3 in 5 weeks time 🤞🙏

Gosh I feel so special & lucky to have you all in my corner supporting me. Makes me feel very special, so a massive THANK YOU!!!! :):)

I had a great race weekend. It was nice to see my COVID training has finally been put to good use. I managed to come away with the win on Saturday by 2 minutes, so very very happy with how I executed my race. 😊 Now hopefully I get to race again my second 70.3 in 5 weeks time 🤞🙏
Fantastic, Maighan! Congratulations 😁.
That's what I call good-news-to-wake-up-to on a Monday morning. Better than :coffee:
(But I'll still have the :coffee:! 😅)