Term: 1
Cycle Amnt: 10
Total Amnt: 10
Author: Bryan "Snappy" Doreian
Receiver: Bryan "Snappy" Doreian
Vote Hash: 146f2ef3ac3f965915759c757a84a6e077a5c143d51432e014b243df8593cb39
Address: DDJxw66BkGRwrKPzeFCy8kQCBKGwUP9CDi
Created: 6th October 2020

** This replaces the AllianceSENTy1 proposal, which had erroneously been submitted for 12 budget cycles (instead of 1).

PLEASE DOWNVOTE HASH 839412adb1b55434dbc51a3c4363fca0103ba52ba8804416bc7f34e5b816f080 (for proposal AllianceSentyr1)

Abstract

This document outlines a new proposed Alliance between PIVX and Sentinel. 10 PIV is being requested as this is the minimum amount that the proposal process allows (it is currently not possible to spend 50 PIV to submit a proposal and ask for 0 PIV). The overall goal is to foster a working relationship between these two projects (which have mutual works in the privacy realms). The proposal for an alliance starts with the human layer first (cross-promotion of projects via social media, and other platforms) to increase both PIVX and SENT visibility. The goal is to increase awareness of both projects inside of their respective communities, as well as demonstrate outwardly the mutual support of the projects for each other. The next layer of the alliance would be to explore PIVX using/white labeling SENT’s dVPN and a possible PIVX bridge for the dVPN. While this layer is not set in stone at the current moment of this proposal, both representatives from PIVX and SENT felt there is enough benefit (and mutual support) to submitting an alliance that would bring more attention and awareness to PIVX and SENT, as well as provide more uses cases for the PIVX cryptocurrency (and possible blockchain).

What is Sentinel?
Sentinel Network is a network layer that enables a true p2p and decentralized applications and resources marketplace. Sentinel enables anyone to create Public and Private networks that provide access to both free and incentivized, and also payment method agnostic (pre-paid/escrow/post-paid) services (dApps) & distributed resources, enabling its clients to become both producers and consumers in the network.

Why are we proposing Alliance again?
This alliance is intended to not only bring more attention and awareness to PIVX as a whole, but bring more use cases to the PIVX
Cryptocurrency. SENT (Sentinel Network) utilizes locking, staking and multi-sig directly from Tendermint core and Cosmos SDK, thus, as a different blockchain core provides via an alliance future potential for interoperability bridges and more for PIVX. Additionally, SENT currently runs a ‘decentralized’ open-source provable VPN or a ‘dVPN’, which post alliance passing will be discussions into possibly white-labelling this platform for PIVX (and/or providing ways for PIVX to interact into this).

Key deliverables

SENT:

Key deliverables from SENT are social media support, additional marketing of big and important releases/announcements, willingness to manage the SENT-ALLIANCE
Discord channel, additional development product testing (enhanced testing with a team familiar with the technology), an introduction of PIVX to their community and networks, shared networking & business development, exploration of PIVX-dVPN integrations.

PIVX:
Shared support of relevant social media, additional marketing for important SENT releases/announcements, shared networking & business
Development.

Reporting Procedure:
No mandatory updates or “status reports”, but both privately and publicly the SENT Envoys can be contacted at anytime.

PPL : Proposal promotion level
Early (but pushing hard due to coming marketing opportunities for both projects).
Planned:
- Community call Friday 9th October (will be recorded for provenance)
- Twitter Support from both projects
- Intra-Discord and Telegram support

Alliance length:
12 months

Alliance Envoys:
Points of contact regarding the Alliance
Screen Shot 2020-10-06 at 8.35.13 PM.png

Voting

To vote yes:
mnbudgetvote many 146f2ef3ac3f965915759c757a84a6e077a5c143d51432e014b243df8593cb39 yes

To vote no:
mnbudgetvote many 146f2ef3ac3f965915759c757a84a6e077a5c143d51432e014b243df8593cb39 no

PLEASE DOWNVOTE HASH 839412adb1b55434dbc51a3c4363fca0103ba52ba8804416bc7f34e5b816f080 (for proposal AllianceSentyr1)

Last edited:
Wow. Perfect example of what I just stated in another post.

You can answer your own question. Here is how you do it.

1. Scroll.
2. Read.

I can no longer continue to moderate your posts every day. I know it has only been 2 or 3 days, but clearly you are not even trying to improve. Starting now, I will moderate when I have time, which is rare. So, I guess you need to find others to volunteer to moderate so that your posts are processed quicker.

Frankly, I am your only ally now Borris. I do not know of anyone on the Core Team that wants to remove the Discord ban let alone listen to your arguments for it being removed. I think the only reason I am trying to help you is because a few years ago I made the same mistakes understanding how the DAO operates and I am hoping you figure it out like I did. Otherwise, you would be banned here too. It was implied the Discord ban should apply here too, but that wasn't clear in the vote. That is the only reason you can still post here. You're welcome.

Your options are now very limited. Sorry. But, we've got a job to do. At least 4 Core Team members have discussed things at length with you, trying to help you understand. But, you are not listening.

As a MNO, you should be able to ask questions about proposals. However, you are abusing the power that comes with that right, to launch personal attacks, spread misinformation, constantly bring up old issues already addressed and not being respectful or constructive at all. When presented with answers to your questions, you simply refuse to accept them. Generally, you are wasting everyone's time and energy.

Unless you immediately correct your actions, I will initiate a vote to have you banned from the PIVX forum as well. As a MNO, you will be able to read the proposals, but you will no longer be able to ask questions. Of course you can still vote.

Have a great day.

Wow. Perfect example of what I just stated in another post.

You can answer your own question. Here is how you do it.

1. Scroll.
2. Read.

I can no longer continue to moderate your posts every day. I know it has only been 2 or 3 days, but clearly you are not even trying to improve. Starting now, I will moderate when I have time, which is rare. So, I guess you need to find others to volunteer to moderate so that your posts are processed quicker.

Frankly, I am your only ally now Borris. I do not know of anyone on the Core Team that wants to remove the Discord ban let alone listen to your arguments for it being removed. I think the only reason I am trying to help you is because a few years ago I made the same mistakes understanding how the DAO operates and I am hoping you figure it out like I did. Otherwise, you would be banned here too. It was implied the Discord ban should apply here too, but that wasn't clear in the vote. That is the only reason you can still post here. You're welcome.

Your options are now very limited. Sorry. But, we've got a job to do. At least 4 Core Team members have discussed things at length with you, trying to help you understand. But, you are not listening.

As a MNO, you should be able to ask questions about proposals. However, you are abusing the power that comes with that right, to launch personal attacks, spread misinformation, constantly bring up old issues already addressed and not being respectful or constructive at all. When presented with answers to your questions, you simply refuse to accept them. Generally, you are wasting everyone's time and energy.

Unless you immediately correct your actions, I will initiate a vote to have you banned from the PIVX forum as well. As a MNO, you will be able to read the proposals, but you will no longer be able to ask questions. Of course you can still vote.

Have a great day.
The mn vote decides, they control the funds so they control who gets paid by pivx. Guess it's just the waiting game now to prove that. Enjoy your day.

Yes. MNOs control the flow of Treasury funds. That is all. No need to wait to prove that. It has happened at every super block and will continue.