Term: 1 Cycle
Cycle Amount: 2000 PIV
Total Amount: 2000 PIV
Author: leacymck
Receiver: leacymck
Address: D8r6n12PfxU2pnDsj5a1qons5xvNnEWxGL
Created: March 6th, 2024

Background:
This proposal builds upon the previous Slush Fund initiative in October 2023, and December 2023. This link shows December's slush fund with documentation of where all funds went. https://forum.pivx.org/threads/slush-fund-dec-2023.1840/#post-4672

Having a slush fund has been instrumental in our operations. Recent example of its impact was the successful AMA with Hans Koning, which provided PIVX with exposure to a new audience. The AMA took place on Telegram via the GameStation account. As part of the event, we distributed six prizes and compensated the host, as recorded in the previous slush fund proposal. It was extra nice that GameStation cross-marketed with PIVX so that even more viewers listened in. A recording of the AMA was completed. PIV support in the past was given to Bouilla when he attended the Web Summit in Lisbon on PIVX's behalf and more recently it paid for 2 months of Premium exposure on Twitter. We are testing this feature to see if it aids in better exposure for PIVX.

In addition to the AMA, we have used the slush fund to reward dedicated members of our social team who have been supporting us tirelessly over the years. These rewards were provided both from the slush fund and my personal resources, acknowledging their ongoing contributions. Then there are the PIVXcommunity contests which are held every 6-8 weeks. The contest always bring new followers to our social accounts of which we have been lucky in that some of the winners then join Discord, and help promote PIVX on socials.

Cost: 2000 PIV until it runs out. Last slush fund lasted 3 months. I wish to have the 50 PIV proposal fee reimbursed to me for this proposal, on top of the 428 piv owing to me. (Please see forum link above to see all documentation of where funds went.)

Vote Hash: "8bd4af5a19d768d1d695a9313bb4163a7e92452f8b439f858c87f85f15442c72"

Thank you for taking the time to read,
leacymck

Last edited:
I love any plan that allows for reacting organically and being flexible to quickly respond to new opportunity. Thank you for recapping details of the previous spend. Would there be any benefit to an incrementally larger "slush" marketing fund? Have there been any awareness opportunities that we have missed as a result?

I love any plan that allows for reacting organically and being flexible to quickly respond to new opportunity. Thank you for recapping details of the previous spend. Would there be any benefit to an incrementally larger "slush" marketing fund? Have there been any awareness opportunities that we have missed as a result?
Great question! Thank you.
@Jeffrey and I have been discussing getting articles published on behalf of PIVX and that would indeed cost more than what I am asking for if we include the contests and tips/rewards. This doesn't stop me from going forward though as I use my own funds and repay myself with the next slush fund. In the past I have paid for youtube shorts for PIVX, AMAs and prizes to people that entered the AMA out of the slush fund.