Term: 4 cycles
Cycle amount: 1250
Total amount: 5000
Author: @LeacyMcK
Receiver: @LeacyMcK
Address: DLA5tiG6iT2PUYFiHdwsqb3qh1SLrXLPP5
Created: February 28, 2020

Summary:

The PIVX Social Media efforts are currently performed by the Community, with no single person to help coordinate and unify everyone’s efforts. We are doing well but could be doing much better. My goal with this proposal is to become that ‘Manager’. Initially, I would like to simply add the @_pivx Twitter and Facebook accounts, to the @PIVXcommunity, and Instagram accounts I already manage.

The focus on all my efforts will be to dramatically increase engagement, with a drive to clear out all bot/fake followers using organic growth methods only. Further, I will follow the philosophy of working smarter, not harder and will be encouraging and involving the extremely valuable PIVX Community. The ultimate goal is to ‘clone’ this role in each of the current and future PIVX Communities.

Scope:

This proposal covers the social media channels listed below.

Twitter (@_pivx and @PIVXcommunity)
Facebook
Instagram

Term:

I have selected a term of 4 months, to align with fiscal quarters following it. As such, this proposal will cover March, April, May and June. The plan is to submit a new proposal in June, to cover Q3.

Costs:

I am not asking for the 50 PIV proposal submission fee to be refunded.
Each cycle (750) will be allocated to myself and (500) for tips and rewards for ones that assist, and contests.

Deliverables:

1. Define a clear separation of what content should be in each social channel:

Each social channel is different both in functionality and audience. Still, there will be content overlaps for most of them. However, in some cases, there needs to be clear separation such as the differences in content for @_pivx and @PIVXcommunity Twitter accounts. A recent Twitter Poll made the content separation details clear for Twitter. The Community will be consulted for other social channels too.

2. Removal of bots/fake followers:

There are tools that make the removal of fake accounts for Facebook and Twitter. While this will cause short term ‘pain’ watching numbers drop, (Estimate 15-20%) it is necessary since the quality of our followers is an important metric to Facebook and Twitter when ranking the PIVX accounts. It also makes it easier to compare engagement stats, because real people engage, and fake/bot accounts do not.

3. Strategic cross-promotion of all PIVX related areas:

PIVX, PIVX Community, PIVX Foundation, PIVX Gives, PIVX Alliances, PIVX Sports, PIVX Ambassadors.

4. Promotions including the following specific efforts:

New Privacy Protocol
PIVX Espanol
Specific PIVians
Specific Ambassadors
Tips to PIVIans who ‘Step Up’ to fill a role
Weekly polls
Showcase other like-minded privacy Twitter and Instagram accounts.

5. Add PIVians to the Social Media team:

Proper effective Social Media tasks require significant time. Many PIVians have their favourite Social Media channels and are spending time there anyways. Encouraging those people to ‘Champion’ each specific channel will make things much easier, promote engagement and give them recognition as they grow the account.

6. Significantly increase engagement:

Posting is not enough. Liking helps but is not enough. Engagement with people inside and especially from outside the PIVX Community is key.

7. Experiment with new tools and ideas:

We have seen amazing results with extremely low costs, using CoinKit, monetized tweets, and individual reward tips, Some people initially see these as ‘paid advertising’ due to the rewards. However, the amounts paid to individuals are so small, clearly, they are doing it because they love PIVX and appreciate the recognition which is exactly what we want.

Coinkits QR Gift Codes. These can be sent offline, and across other platforms, making this a great asset for an unbelievable ROI. It is new, but we are looking forward to trying it because it could prove to be even more successful than even the Monetized Tweets.

Contests:

Spring; growth of Cryptocurrency,.
UPF~PIVX backpack giveaway.
Name the caption for this image.
Ideally 1 contest per month

Monthly Reports:

In any effort, there are both indirect and direct outcomes. Each month I will post analytics. I will comment on what I perceive as what worked well, and what I feel there is room for growth if warranted.

Goals:

The high-level goals I will follow are:

Positive noticeable results with growth and exposure across all 4 PIVX Social Media Channels using a 100% organic grassroots approach.
  1. Create a balanced mixture of posts for technical and non-technical people.

2. Create roles and encourage PIVians to ‘step up’ and fill those roles.
Past Results:

PIVXcommunity Twitter account:

While the account was created earlier, I started focusing on growing it in September 2019.

5jC9h3vDbONfrnGGZhZTKnv-L2Rfbg1ddwO6BPR0zSbGDx6c40-HEi4648Ic6tKc5XCY6afiNC-W1uOgepmNm624sGNT_-rVueVE7qCeE-LkPeQ2K67ENbX0uZEjQHc6NKYZ8e2c

Contests and Engagement rate of Monetized Tweets:

Dec 01: Tis The Season To Give! 4.3%

Jan 17: Shapeshift - You forgot PIVX. 2.7%

Feb 09: Valentines 4.1%

NOTE: Approx 98% of our tweets have 1.8% to 5.6% engagement.
Twitter considers 0.33% to 1% a High Influencer score.

Instagram:

Snappy is Back! Privacy Chats 2020
PIVX on Instagram: “Want to know what it will be like when you've downloaded #PIVX's advanced QT based Core Wallet, 4.0? Then compare it to other #crypto…”

#HowWellDoYouKnowPIVX , a weekly poll for Twitter has been added to Instagram with favourable results, these will continue throughout March.

I would like to give special thanks to @sigge B and @Marii’Chuy(Venezuela) for their support and stepping up these last 4 months. I look forward to working with them, @PIVXEspanol and other community members as we grow PIVX Social Media world wide.

Thank you for reading my proposal and for your confidence in me with the prior two proposals that passed.

LeacyMcK

PIVXcommunity Twitter:https://twitter.com/PIVXcommunity

PIVX Instagram:

Voting Details:

Vote YES Please! mnbudgetvote many a03c9842f304518cf05d015cebfd248d9a127468a44db88b2a991189804d8572 yes

Vote No Thanks: mnbudgetvote many a03c9842f304518cf05d015cebfd248d9a127468a44db88b2a991189804d8572 no

Last edited:
¡Vaya! Gracias a ti por darme la oportunidad de integrarme de manera global en la comunidad de PIVX, a pesar de mi debilidad al no manejar el idioma Ingles. Cuenta con mi apoyo y colaboración para impulsar tu propuesta y hacerla realidad

¡Vaya! Gracias a ti por darme la oportunidad de integrarme de manera global en la comunidad de PIVX, a pesar de mi debilidad al no manejar el idioma Ingles. Cuenta con mi apoyo y colaboración para impulsar tu propuesta y hacerla realidad
Thank you for being awesome and for your ongoing support and for the achievements you make on a daily basis. :)

UPDATE: -Out of the 750 PIV I received for this cycle, 250 PIV will be donated towards the 500 PIV allocated to others who are stepping up in helping promote PIVX.
- I am building a group of #PIVXcommunity champions to help in these areas with Sigge and Maria Silva's assistance. Trello app is being looked at to put our tasks and ideas in as it is accessible by cell phone making it more universal for our diverse community members.
-PLEASE note that as I work on the Official PIVX Twitter and Facebook accounts, you will see a decrease in our followers due to ridding the accounts of unnecessary bots. You will also notice that we are in the process of building engagement; inbox messages responded to within 24 hrs max, comments being vetted and responded to get the community talking more with us.
- PIVXcommunity will continue to update the community with PIVX news but we will be focusing more on the human aspect with continued contests and rewards.
-I will be doing monthly reports including analytics.

-Thank you for your ongoing support. :)

Last edited:
As promised...
This update covers 03/30/2020 - 04/27/2020

PIVX twitter
Tweets - 83 (+ 98%)
Tweet Impressions- 981k (- 13%)
Profile Visits- 5,485 (+ 49.5% )
Mentions -1,935 (+120%)
Followers - 64 k (+ 268)
Engagements for each tweet for the past 15 days have been within the ratio that twitter deems great! 1.4%- 3.7% Overall % for 28 days is 0.7%
These positive numbers are due in part to the excellent work by the Devs and the update announcement tweets and by the AMA done by CryptoSi.

Facebook
I find this to be a hard social media platform to get posts seen.
Likes 34 total (+13%)
Reach 2,101 (+67%)
Engagement 718 (+154%)
New Followers 36 (+16%)

Instagram
-Followers: 2467 (+8)
-Posts - 26 (+2)
-Impressions -
03/30/2020 - 04/13/2020 - 1565 (+54)
04/14/2020 - 04/27/2020 - 2,403 (+838)
Profile visits -89 (+19)

PIVXcommunity
The official PIVXcommunity Twitter account was suspended by Twitter, and though 14 appeals have been sent to them about this decision, we have not heard anything back in the 30 days it’s been down. We had over 1500 organic legit followers. We restarted the “New Official PIVXcommunity” account via my personal twitter account as it was established and known. We have been fortunate that there were 2 giveaway accounts that believed in our old community account and had a contest of which recently increased our followers dramatically.

Tweets -154 (+123%)
Tweet Impressions - 91.1k (+390.2)
Profile visits - 2671 (+1,313%)
Mentions - 798 (+1,755% )
Followers - 898 (+674)

Going forward
PIVX official -

Encourage more engagement with posts.
-Removal of bots (fake accounts) will commence with the inevitability of losing some followers but this will make it 98% bot free. A few are needed.
-Trialling #GetToKnowPIVXagain series for the next month and QOTD (Quote of the day)
-Twitter social media teams are growing and we will continue to add to them.
Facebook
-In all honesty, FB has not done as well as it could be doing, in over a year due to changing algorithms.
-Encourage engagement and new followers
-Monitor account to remove endless spamming.
-Searching for a Full-Time FB manager and new moderator.
Instagram
Same as FB, algorithms have changed our audience from seeing a lot of our posts. Which is why daily, we use the IG stories that can be seen by a larger audience.
-Polls will continue with this account to encourage more engagement.
-Searching for a Full-Time or Part-Time IG manager
PIVXcommunity
-We will continue to keep at Twitter to reopen the first PIVXcommunity but until then, we will grow the New one.
-Working on getting more crypto minded followers.
-Contest planned for May. #HowWellDoYouKnowPIVX polls continue, which helps increase Engagement and educate new PIVians. We are continuing to use Coinkit with thanks to Chekaz and his team.
-PIVXplaylist in the works, songs chosen by our community members.

General
-We are continuing to use the analytics to determine the best times to post/tweet per audience/demographic time zones.
-A calendar of which preplanned posts/tweets are shown has been made. We add daily tweets and notes to keep track of what worked and didn’t. This will be available for all social media teams to see #soon.
-A flow chart is also in the works to help our amazing Social teams comprised of community members, have a better experience of promoting on their own accounts.
-We set up new Discord channels where they have better access to images and content for our promotions.
-Rewards have been dispensed to a few of our social team leaders for their ongoing efforts in promoting PIVX.

Thank you for reading my long report. :) If you have any questions please reach out to me. If you would like to help out with the social media side of things, or if you have ideas or talents you think will help, definitely reach out to me or go to our Discord PIVX lounge and tag myself or Eric Stanek.

Last edited:
Update for Social Manager 2020Q2 ~ 04/28/2020 - 06/23/2020

- We are on track with keeping the community and crypto at large community, updated regularly via Twitter (PIVX and PIVXcommunity), Facebook, Instagram and Discord. Our total posts and tweets have increased over the last 2 months with good results in that new followers have joined us and contribute by commenting or re-tweeting and re-posting PIVX’s posts. Along with our social community team that does a phenomenal job promoting PIVX via their preferred social media platforms.
- A few bots and ‘fake’ accounts have been removed.
Analytics reveal a slight decline in numbers, mostly due to the following:
-COVID which affected peak times of getting the news out along with the audience that would usually see the tweets and posts at a certain time showed in the impressions for both twitter and IG. Though it still has very few followers, ironically Facebook has had an increase of viewers and engagement, not all trolls.
-Financial system in a huge mess, new followers wanting to learn more. Not enough manpower to get the word out. We have increased our promotion of asking members to ‘step up’.
-Due to the low price of PIVX. (Though at the time of writing this, it has increased to $0.42 USD since the last
update.)
-PIVXcommunity account was shut down for 6 weeks by twitter by their admitted mistake.
-Few of our biggest community members~supporter accounts have been shut down by Twitter. We are looking into a solution to this ongoing problem with Twitter by looking at alternative platforms.

- A calendar has been created at cloud.PIVX.org to keep track of all posts and tweets from the accounts to make sure there isn’t any repetition, to help plan ahead and to keep consistency in tweets/posts so that we don’t post too many one day and none the next. The calendar is also a gateway for easy reference and retrieval of all social media posts/tweets when needing information. We are all now keeping images, graphics and news in the cloud. We are still working on a system where social teams will have access to the cloud for images, tasks and the calendar.

-All accounts have had an increase in crypto-minded followers and we’ve started to make a few more connections with small ‘shop local’ crypto/blockchain accounts that represent YouTube viewers, LBRY viewers ) with thanks to Mitnick and PIVX Espanol.

-Promoting of MERGE and ZENZO, our alliance family members when they achieve goals, have updates, news or events occurring, has increased.

Funding and where the proposal reward fee went:
-3 out of the 4 cycles were funded by the generosity of MN voters and private funding. In the 4th cycle, however, I wasn’t funded. I did not take my fee during the 3rd cycle to keep the momentum going during the 4th cycle. This will help pay for and maintain the following: a) Pay the community members that continually support PIVX. @Sigge, @Maria Silva @mcastro @BelgaRogel and @CaptainJack. b) The last instalment of the fee to a Youtube interviewer of a core member to promote PIVX., c) Contests using Coinkit. d) Coinkit in helping 4.1 be promoted to a larger audience e) Fees paid to 2 huge supporters of PIVX that supply contests for altcoins. f) 1/8th of my fee went to donating to legit ones in need via PIVXcommunity of whom we have kind of adopted. These recipients in turn do special PIVX Community posts on their own initiatives, content ranging from tech, guitar singing, market valuations, and messaging tweets that may benefit PIVX.
-3rd and 4th cycle saw PIVXcommunity and PIVX paying a community graphic designer for the QOTD images.

Please message me at Discord or at Twitter; @LeacyMcK or @PIVXcommunity, if you wish to see a few analytic reports or if you wish to view the Calendar for the last 2 months. Please note PIVXcommunity is only now being kept track of due to the twitter account being down for 6 weeks.
Thank you for taking the time to read this report,
I look forward to growing these accounts further and to working along with the new members of the Marketing team,
LeacyMck

Last edited: