What's new

Social Media Manager 2020Q3

LeacyMcK

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry! The link should have pointed you to the 'Budget and Governance' proposal, please go to:

Title: Social Media Manager 2020Q3
Name: SMS_2020Q3
Term: 3 cycles
Cycle amount: 1250
Total amount: 3750
Author: @LeacyMcK
Receiver: @LeacyMcK
Address: DH9n2LcxEXhCqmjgboZ7zkwzxrqPbCrsHs
Created: June 28, 2020

Summary:

For the last 4 cycles, I have managed Twitter; @_PIVX, @PIVXcommunity, Facebook and Instagram. In doing so I have worked alongside with the PIVX devs, marketing team, social media members, graphic designers, PIVX support, the Head of the translation team and community members, in helping to get the news of PIVX’s development and updates to the world in a timely and professional manner. This role wouldn’t be possible without the few dedicated community members helping. In recognizing the members doing this, I make sure that they have all the resources needed to promote PIVX via their own social media platforms. Images and links of the tweets are placed in certain Discord channels for easy access, support is given when needed though they work very well independently.

The engagement has increased for @_PIVX Twitter/IG/FB in the past 2 cycles with more Polls, Q&A’s and our popular QOTD images helping. Consistency in tweeting/posting daily if possible has helped our viewership increase.
We have set up a guideline that makes us work smarter but not harder.
"- Ideas to promote -> Marketing -> Graphic Designer -> Social Media Manager ->Social Team Members -> Social Media Platforms."

2 examples below are of how the guidelines that we follow help in making it a smooth transition from when the idea is originally formed to when it is promoted on social media.

bvsaQem_ZtsyQXH7akrkPMPfgt88E-2NXPwYNkXbDW5M_VUQ2zmpo1A0Zx-qwUsBYzcLjLRi2LTAQUqMEqkRd98MDmMcmuEulB16FtqVeePTKMM2VcDnFNCunmS9iTJ5JYwV1A-P

FNUcazk51gh2ZChAxRoLyu0L9D9elkZoVuoPgze9SVPItmGUC97bUL41StnVLByYVAKJRD6p_kHgtOQX2WbPZ8KAiWVMglrD51jjwn22vg4WqtC6wZLUqiI3u-NupPqngwaDnL5m

PIVXcommunity twitter and Instagram stories are where we can be more creative and supportive of our community members.

yvq12jUTdTWp_y5EDmoFvqEVXt8elMCDzd2znbR4GGoJxogWvpi6qjqSTd9KN_RYfCjsykXyjEK1b_2jvA3owPjCDRcG6aXtqBcVDE-FvdsKW4f-f0iWrt1_-NlovKYRpbvDOBIz

This continuation of the last proposal covers the same social media channels listed below.
-Twitter (@_pivx and @PIVXcommunity)
-Facebook
-Instagram

Term:
I have selected a term of 3 months, to align with fiscal quarters following it. As such, this proposal will cover July, August, September. The plan is to submit a new proposal in September to cover Q4

Costs:
I am not asking for the 50 PIV proposal submission fee to be refunded.
Each cycle, (700) will be allocated to myself and (550) for tips and rewards for ones that assist. This will also help pay for new images and for contests via Coinkit and via paid contest accounts

Deliverables:
1. Define a clear separation of what content should be in each social channel:
This past proposal was spent making sure that @_PIVX twitter maintained it’s technological and related content while @PIVXcommunity would show the same content but with introductions that would help a new crypto enthusiast understand more.
Moving forward: QOTDs, AMAs/Q&As, Polls and other related content have been helpful in educating our followers about PIVX and Crypto and the Blockchain. The polls are teaching us what stops others from learning about crypto and will be used for marketing purposes to aid attracting new crypto followers. With $PIVX’s core wallet updates, the new website almost ready to launch, new use cases, PIVXgives and other exciting events in the near future, we will have a lot to share.

2. Removal of bots/fake followers:
-A few bots have been removed from all 4 accounts and new filter settings are now in place to help deter fake accounts and/or trolls. This isn’t a 100% proof technique but it does help immensely.
Moving forward: We will continue to work at keeping legit followers, organic growth. Though our total followers have declined approx. 5% -25% (PIVX - PIVXcommunity), these results are due to ridding our accounts of the few bots and fake accounts. PIVXcommunity’s dropped due to being shut down for 6 weeks thus not doing as many contests. We are now having real crypto enthusiasts following us more.

3. Strategic cross-promotion of all PIVX related areas:
We have successfully used PIVX, PIVX Community and PIVX Alliances; ZENZO and MERGE in cross-promotion.
Moving forward: This will continue but we will be having PIVXgives integrated into our promotions more. PIVXambassador and PIVXsports are still running but not managed.

4. Promotions including the following specific efforts:

We have successfully promoted the following,
-New Privacy Protocol
-PIVX Espanol
-Specific PIVians
-Tips to PIVIans who ‘Step Up’ to fill a role
-Weekly polls
-Showcase other like-minded privacy Twitter and Instagram accounts.
Moving forward: I will continue to promote the above efforts. Plans are to find the account holders for various PIVX twitter community global accounts to better assist them in running their accounts, or to find replacements so that we are represented better throughout the world. More contests and showcasing of community members along with encouraging community members to step up.

5. Add PIVians to the Social Media team:
We have been very fortunate to have @sigge, @Maria Silva @mcastro @BelgaRogel and @CaptainJack help in promoting our news via their own preferred social media platforms. Funds from this proposal enable them to receive rewards for their excellent and needed help. PIVXcommunity is now funding community graphic designers in helping us keep the high standard of PIVX images in the forefront.
Moving forward: I will continue to support our best community members that have stepped up and to encourage more to join our Social Team on Discord. Mentoring, supporting and acknowledging these members takes time but is rewarding in itself as friendships have occurred.

6. Experiment with new tools and ideas:
We have seen amazing results with extremely low costs, using CoinKit, monetized tweets, and individual reward tips. Some people initially see these as ‘paid advertising’ due to the rewards. However, the amounts paid to individuals are so small, clearly, they are doing it because they love PIVX and appreciate the recognition which is exactly what we want.
I have also paid for PIVX to be included in contests from other twitter accounts that support altcoins and have proven success in promoting us.
We have started to use cloud.PIVX.org which has helped with giving and completing tasks for the members that use it. I started a calendar 2 months ago in which all the tweets/posts are kept track of with links for easy access.
Moving forward: Getting more members to utilize cloud.PIVX.org and the specific social media accounts on Discord.
Looking at other social media platforms that won’t disrupt our tweets as Twitter has been shutting down more accounts of our members. Continue with contests using Coinkit and also our supportive contest promoters.

Contests; PIVXcommunity and IG.

-Name that caption, submit a song, design a new screen saver for and by Eric Stanek, have proven successful.
Moving forward: - More contests. A new recent one had the community submit quotes to be placed on images that have just started. More contests with PIVXEspanol and eventually other PIVX global accounts.

Monthly Reports:
In any effort, there are both indirect and direct outcomes. Each month or 2, I will post updates. I will comment on what I perceive as what worked well, and what I feel there is room for growth if warranted.

Thank you to everyone that continues to support my efforts with mentoring, educating and keeping me smiling. I wouldn’t be able to do it without these amazing people in my life.

Voting Details.

Last edited: