Title: Web Development and Design 2021 (July-September 2021) Name: WebDevDes-2021-Q3 Term: 3 Cycles Cycle Amnt: 5000 PIV Total Amnt: 15000 PIV Author: Kyeno Receiver: Kyeno & Meerkat Address: DM1NPnNx1VcJYWmNFox3dJN9bhoA75fDms Created: 2021-07-04 Status: Active Vote Hash: 381f651dab82ac6ef708dd7be0ba7cd51f7b75be05bb40c3d3b21866642ad178
AbstractThe purpose of this proposal is to ensure that continuously ongoing Web Design and Development efforts are funded in advance, to avoid delays to source funding, when we often need to react quickly.
BackgroundAs I briefly mentioned in the report for the last proposal of the same kind, it is extremely difficult to predict what actually we'll be doing and what will end up delivered by the end of Q3.
We surely do have plans, task lists and organizers, and we truly hope to just pursue them - but at the end PIVX is a unique form of interconnected living organism - and if something takes priority there, we're here to jump in and help in the first place. So here and now I will make this the most important point. Just being there for the team. Delivering the graphics, adding important functionalities, following and contributing to the marketing and promotion as much as possible.
Apart from that we want to build a Discord-to-web bridge for helpdesk/support and a dedicated PIVX Discord bot that should grow towards PIVX-desired functionalities and we want to go BOOM on the v6 release once it's there, but that's a whole different side of the story.
At the end we decided to follow some of the Core Devs' logic here and rather point out the responsibilities we commited to and count on the team's mutual trust to know we'll do our best to deliver; and hopefully - overdeliver.
ResponsibilitiesAs a Web Developer and Systems Administrator, my responsibilities are:
- Reacting to urgent (or planned) needs of the PIVX Core Dev and PIVX MBD Teams, providing solutions and code
- Developing new functionalities on PIVX.org (backend and front-end JS)
- Enhancing existing functionalities on PIVX.org
- Designing code and connectivity architecture of services and micro-services PIVX would want to have
- Maintaining and improving the code (following up with dependencies advancement, 3rd party API changes, removing deprecations, all that jazz)
- Constantly enhancing systems security and performance, trying to always stay on top of things
- Creating/removing email accounts (and aliases) for various user and marketing campaign needs
- Supporting users on Discord whenever I'm capable of doing so (time and knowledge wise)
- Briefly interviewing and "classifying" programmers/web developers coming to Discord and willing to join the team
- Support PIVX with ideas
- Support PIVX with any sorts of potentially lucrative contacts and business deals we might have
- Help DAOs to look at certain aspects from end-users perspective, trying to optimize towards that point of view
- Help creating unified campaigns
- Reacting to urgent (or planned) needs of the PIVX Core Dev, PIVX MBD Team and Community, providing graphics and imagery
- Mocking up and brainstorming PIVX.org functionalities to come (on the drawing board)
- Constant brand and web tweaks and adjustments, always staying on top of the trends and design principles
- Full-time HTML/CSS (Twig/Sass) front-end development for each and every page on PIVX.org
FootnoteAs @Eric_Stanek suggested in the previous proposal, "ultimately we would like to see the funding level reach $6,000 to $8,000 USD per month" (quote), but The Treasury cannot support this now. Especially as BitCoin took a torpedo hit and while sinking - dragged most of other markets with it. We are aware that there are other things to be funded and The Treasury creates a fixed amount of coins per month - thus trying to stay fair towards everybody, we're just asking for 5000 PIVs now. We might just take things a bit slower and fetch another gig in the background to keep us afloat. Still again - just to remain fair with the team - if somehow PIVX reaches insane levels during the time of this proposal being active and we exceed the funding levels we want, we will sincerely ask you all to downvote this proposal and we'll spin up another one, adjusted to the USD value we're looking at.
VotingTo vote yes:
mnbudgetvote many 381f651dab82ac6ef708dd7be0ba7cd51f7b75be05bb40c3d3b21866642ad178 yes
To vote no:
mnbudgetvote many 381f651dab82ac6ef708dd7be0ba7cd51f7b75be05bb40c3d3b21866642ad178 no