What's new

[Dev Update] v3.3.0 Test & Release Schedule

jakiman

Administrator
Following latest update from core development team was posted on June 6th on PIVX Discord:

Our 3.3.0 testnet testing is coming to a close! We've had over a week's time to allow for testers to participate in the spending of testnet zPIV and to give feedback. Thus far, all the feedback we have received has been positive, and neither ourselves or any tester has found any issues with the spending of testnet zPIV.

We will be moving forward with the release of 3.3.0 shortly after the upcoming budget superblock, which is currently scheduled to occur on or around June 16th. We decided to goto release after the superblock so as to avoid any potential miscounts in votes due to MNs being restarted, which will be required due to the protocol update. And, just so everyone is aware well in advance, 3.3.0 will be a mandatory update. We will be giving the standard ~7 days update window, with zPIV spending capabilities being restored between June 25 and June 28.

It is important to note that v1 zPIV, which was announced as deprecated on May 1, 2018, and new v1 mints being disallowed on May 8, 2018, will NOT be spendable in the initial 3.3.0 release. We are not abandoning those with v1 zPIV, not by any means, but in order to allow for the majority of zPIV to be spent (which is v2 zPIV) sooner rather than later, a decision needed to be made to exclude v1 zPIV for the time being. v1 zPIV spending will be restored in a future update.

Simplified:
1. New core v3.3.0 wallet is expected to be released around 16-17th of June.
2. All users need to upgrade. Fork will happen approx. 7 days after its release.
3. After the fork, spending of v2 zPIV owned back to PIV will be activated.

How to upgrade?
1. Stop the wallet
2. Update to the new wallet
3. Re-start the wallet
(it really is that easy!)
(detailed steps will be uploaded along with release)

Last edited:
Following latest update from core development team was posted on June 6th on PIVX Discord:

Simplified:
1. New core v3.3.0 wallet is expected to be released around 16-17th of June.
2. All users need to upgrade. Fork will happen approx. 7 days after its release.
3. After the fork, spending of v2 zPIV owned back to PIV will be activated.

How to upgrade?
1. Stop the wallet
2. Update to the new wallet
3. Re-start the wallet
(it really is that easy!)
(detailed steps will be uploaded along with release)

Just tried to install on Windows 10 64 bit version as a user, with previous 64 bit versions I have had to run the installer as administrator, as it doesn't run and then ask for admin password like most programs

Used the same installation method for 3-3-0 but now runs once for about a minute then shuts down and deletes pivx-qt.exe from Program Files\Pivx. so won't run again, Re-installed 3-2-2 and it works OK.

Do I have to log in as administrator to install and run now? Haven't got around to trying it yet, but have run the program from a User but run as administrator with same results, I realise that it wouldn't find my current data files as I haven't copied them to the administrator users directory yet either?

Last edited: