What's new

Does anybody (from older members) wants to sell me some PIVX?

Helmuts

Pivian
Does anybody (from older members) wants to sell me some PIVX? .. let us say $100-150 worth // I will make a payment in ETH.

the old fashion p2p transaction :)

maybe @Eric_Stanek ? :) you seem to be active here :) .. no probs if you add some % on the top.

will use these for staking.. and later on will get a MN (occasionally).

otherwise, how can we learn more about pivx without having a skin in the game :)

THAT is a better answer since we all leaving CEX to DEX.
It will take time to move to DEXs. Also, the 'Swap Services' just act as a middle-man and trade for you on CEXs.

So, no CEXs == No Swap Services.

Or - perhaps in the future, Swap Services will interface with multiple DEXs and provide a very simple interface for the user. AFAIK, there is no project for that yet, as there simply are not enough DEXs.

It will take time to move to DEXs. Also, the 'Swap Services' just act as a middle-man and trade for you on CEXs.

So, no CEXs == No Swap Services.

Or - perhaps in the future, Swap Services will interface with multiple DEXs and provide a very simple interface for the user. AFAIK, there is no project for that yet, as there simply are not enough DEXs.
I agree, CEXs are as important as the need of DEXs.

Does anybody (from older members) wants to sell me some PIVX? .. let us say $100-150 worth // I will make a payment in ETH.

the old fashion p2p transaction :)
  • Mmmmh, hardly anyone would do that without escrow. :D Erik's link contains some SwapSpace. ChangeNOW is well respected in the Monero community and has created a Monero Instant Exchange: xmrexchange.io (ETH <-> PIVX swap is possible)
  • My preferred way would be to trade on bisq, but unfortunately PIVX is delisted. Maybe the PIVX community could think about a new listing fee for 30 or more days on bisq.network. ;) The easiest and cheapest way to get PIVX listed on a P2P (Tor hidden service) DEX.
  • Sell ETH on a CEX (I recommend: limit sell). PIVX can be bought with EUR on litebit.eu. The nice thing is that the coins are sent directly to your wallet @Home.
will use these for staking.. and later on will get a MN (occasionally).

otherwise, how can we learn more about pivx without having a skin in the game :)
Unfortunately there hasn't been a pivx.testnet.faucet for years. If you want to practice with a cold staking and/or masternode I can send you tPIVX. Simply post your testnet receiving address.

Note testnet config: pixvd is forked from bitcoind and the config has also been adjusted, more precisely [Sections]. A bitcoin-core-config-generator can be helpful as well as: man (pivxd|pivx-qt) or (pivxd|pivx-qt) (-h|-help|--help)

Code:
## pivx.conf configuration file.

# Network-related settings:

# Run on the test network instead of the real pivx network.
testnet=1

<-
defaultconfig
->

# [Sections]
# Most options apply to mainnet, testnet and regtest.
# If you want to confine an option to just one network, you should add it in the
# relevant section below.
# EXCEPTIONS: The options addnode, connect, port, bind, rpcport, rpcbind and wallet
# only apply to mainnet unless they appear in the appropriate section below.

# Options only for mainnet
[main]

# Options only for testnet
[test]
# PIVX-testnet node @Frantech
addnode=cqwox3l7r37alofqm2mgsinrhdj56ij4widm5shxtj3qkfkkwi5j2xid.onion

# Bind to given address and always listen on it. Use [host]:port notation for IPv6
bind=127.0.0.1
bind=[::1]:51474

# Options only for regtest
[regtest]

Last edited:
  • Mmmmh, hardly anyone would do that without escrow. :D Erik's link contains some SwapSpace. ChangeNOW is well respected in the Monero community and has created a Monero Instant Exchange: xmrexchange.io (ETH <-> PIVX swap is possible)
  • My preferred way would be to trade on bisq, but unfortunately PIVX is delisted. Maybe the PIVX community could think about a new listing fee for 30 or more days on bisq.network. ;) The easiest and cheapest way to get PIVX listed on a P2P (Tor hidden service) DEX.
  • Sell ETH on a CEX (I recommend: limit sell). PIVX can be bought with EUR on litebit.eu. The nice thing is that the coins are sent directly to your wallet @Home.

Tx. .. I have already spent my BTC that I allocated in my thoughts for pivx :D :D .. will return to this point sooner or later.

.. interesting information about the P2P (Tor hidden service).. will check it out. tx

Best!
H