What's new

Have PIVX wallet from 3 years ago, and would like to get the coins to Binance.

SP23

New Pivian
Hi PIVX team,

I have a pivx wallet that I haven't used in a few years. I opened it for the first time in a while and the coins are there, but I need to update the wallet to get on the block. The windows OS of the laptop the wallet is on, is old and I need to update it to a newer OS (windows) to be compatible with the newer version of the wallet. My questions are:

A) Do I need to update this OS to send these coins anywhere (like my binance account)?

B) If so, how can I safely update the OS without losing the wallet.

C) how can I get these coins into my binance wallet?

Thanks

Hi @SP23
What version of Windows are you using? If it’s windows 7 8 to 10 it shouldn’t have any issues.

also please backup your wallet file. You can find it by pressing the windows key plus R and then in the run prompt put this %appdata%/pivx and once there you should see your wallet.dat file please back this up.

Now you can proceed to download the new pivx wallet.

also due to you not having updated for some time it’s likely you are on a forked blockchain. You will need to force the wallet to resync from scratch once you open it. Follow these steps to do that

Thank you! My computer is 32-bit, how can I update the wallet if there's only 64-bit options now? That was actually my original issue (mixed it up with OS issue). Thanks for the forking info though. @Jeffrey

Last edited:
Thank you! My computer is 32-bit, how can I update the wallet if there's only 64-bit options now? That was actually my original issue (mixed it up with OS issue). Thanks for the forking info though. @Jeffrey

I replied to your other post, Unfortunately present and upcoming releases of the PIVX wallet only support 64-bit