What's new

Have PIVX wallet from 3 years ago, and would like to get the coins to Binance.

SP23

New Pivian
Hi PIVX team,

I have a pivx wallet that I haven't used in a few years. I opened it for the first time in a while and the coins are there, but I need to update the wallet to get on the block. The windows OS of the laptop the wallet is on, is old and I need to update it to a newer OS (windows) to be compatible with the newer version of the wallet. My questions are:

A) Do I need to update this OS to send these coins anywhere (like my binance account)?

B) If so, how can I safely update the OS without losing the wallet.

C) how can I get these coins into my binance wallet?

Thanks

Hi @SP23
What version of Windows are you using? If it’s windows 7 8 to 10 it shouldn’t have any issues.

also please backup your wallet file. You can find it by pressing the windows key plus R and then in the run prompt put this %appdata%/pivx and once there you should see your wallet.dat file please back this up.

Now you can proceed to download the new pivx wallet.

Thank you! My computer is 32-bit, how can I update the wallet if there's only 64-bit options now? That was actually my original issue (mixed it up with OS issue). Thanks for the forking info though. @Jeffrey

Last edited:
Thank you! My computer is 32-bit, how can I update the wallet if there's only 64-bit options now? That was actually my original issue (mixed it up with OS issue). Thanks for the forking info though. @Jeffrey

I replied to your other post, Unfortunately present and upcoming releases of the PIVX wallet only support 64-bit