What's new

How to Completely Install PIVX Wallet on Separate Partition

Janus

New Pivian
On a PC, I am trying to install the complete PIVX wallet and its files on a separate partition D:
After I install it to a custom directory on the D: partition it keeps giving me this error:

Cannot find the Sapling Parameters in the following directory:
"C:\Users\Home\AppData\Roaming\PIVXParams"
Please run 'sapling-fetch-params' or './util/fetch-params.sh' and then restart.

What do I need to do to have no PIVX files on the C: drive and have the wallet open correctly?

Janus

New Pivian
How do you do that? It just keeps going back to the same error when I start the wallet and then it exits.
And how would I run what it is asking for? Would this fix the problem?

'sapling-fetch-params' or './util/fetch-params.sh'

Eric_Stanek

Administrator
Staff member
Hello again Janus,

There are 2 issues happening here.

First, the sapling params issue is taken care of for you, if you use the *.exe installer. Seems like you downloaded the *.zip file and just grabbed the binaries.

Second, what is the desire to have all PIVX files in a non-standard location? Do you have a disk space issue on C: drive?

Eric

Pevo

New Pivian
Hello again Janus,

There are 2 issues happening here.

First, the sapling params issue is taken care of for you, if you use the *.exe installer. Seems like you downloaded the *.zip file and just grabbed the binaries.

Second, what is the desire to have all PIVX files in a non-standard location? Do you have a disk space issue on C: drive?

Eric
I just want to have the entire wallet installed in the non-standard location, in this case on D: drive partition. I would like it to be able to run without any dependencies on the standard C: location. I tried installing it with the normal PIVX 64 bit installer.

(Picture 1) When I install the wallet, I direct it to install at D: Pivx.
(Picture 2) However it automatically installs another folder to C:\Users\myPC\AppData\Roaming\PIVXParams.
How do I get the PIVXParams to also install to D: ? Or at least move it there and have the wallet open correctly?
(Picture 3) If I move PIVXParams folder the wallet wont open. How do I point it to the new location where I moved it on D: drive?

Attachments

• pivx-install1.png
    pivx-install1.png
    15.9 KB · Views: 4
  • pivx-install2.png
    pivx-install2.png
    19.4 KB · Views: 4
  • pivx-install3.png
    pivx-install3.png
    15.1 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Eric_Stanek

Administrator
Staff member
I just want to have the entire wallet installed in the non-standard location, in this case on D: drive partition. I would like it to be able to run without any dependencies on the standard C: location. I tried installing it with the normal PIVX 64 bit installer.

(Picture 1) When I install the wallet, I direct it to install at D: Pivx.
(Picture 2) However it automatically installs another folder to C:\Users\myPC\AppData\Roaming\PIVXParams.
How do I get the PIVXParams to also install to D: ? Or at least move it there and have the wallet open correctly?
(Picture 3) If I move PIVXParams folder the wallet wont open. How do I point it to the new location where I moved it on D: drive?
The prompt is where to store the blockchain and PIVX binaries.
Standard Windows practice for any other application with large amounts of data, is to have the app and data stored in a user specified location, but the AppData (Settings) and Windows Registry data is ALWAYS stored on C drive.

You need to talk to Bill Gates about this one. Sorry.