What's new

Archived Micro Business PIVX Community Project

ONeZetty

Administrator
Staff member
My proposal, it was fully funded,
Please vote NO in this cycle.

mnbudgetvote many 0c17d03fb401023870f435efcd4303ef6fbfdb65a2d16403b78a5a1fc847a9de no

Thanks to the MNO and the PIVX community for all the support!!

Code:
Title: Micro Business PIVX Community Project
Name: MBPCP-1
Term: 1 Cycles
Cycle Amount: 4000
Total Amount: 4000
Author: ONeZetty
Receiver: ONeZetty
Address: D5mPoBRW2NZigVhJewNUP9gx96RZt2xLfT
PIVX Foundation: Able to KYC to receive

VOTE NOW!!!
LOVE 💜: mnbudgetvote many 0c17d03fb401023870f435efcd4303ef6fbfdb65a2d16403b78a5a1fc847a9de yes

MEH 💔: mnbudgetvote many 0c17d03fb401023870f435efcd4303ef6fbfdb65a2d16403b78a5a1fc847a9de no

As we know, many of us started with an idea that brought us closer to cryptocurrencies, but someone always helped us start, a friend, a family member, a face-to-face or digital community, someone was always there to help us take the first step.

Despite so much news (good and bad), there are many people out there who still do not know anything about cryptos, about the great opportunities that incorporating them into their lives represents and the advantages that their use implies over fiat, if at all. We add the lack of opportunities and the poverty of some regions, we have a vicious circle. And I want the PIVX Community to help me change that, I want us to be that “first” contact between people and cryptocurrencies.

With this proposal I want to support a group of people to enter the world of cryptocurrencies, selecting small entrepreneurs who need support to start their small home businesses, giving community loans to those who need them under the concept of “lost fund”, in other words, there is no need to send it back if it is not possible.

I call it:

Micro Business PIVX Community Project

(MB PIVX, for short).​

Supporting entrepreneurs is the best way to make ourselves known as a community, as a cryptocurrency and as a form of payment, we will support those who want to set up a small business in their homes or communities with an initial fund, so they can start their small business, the most important condition is that they accept PIVX as a payment method in their businesses, but the fact that they start their projects will be the fundamental thing, attracting the news about PIVX to the specialized media and to many more people in the community.

The idea is that a fund of 100 USD is provided to the person interested in starting their business (MB-PIVX), a transfer of 50 USD will be initial to start their MB-PIVX and 50 USD more when starting their operation and carrying out your first documented sale.

To select the people we will help PIVX ambassadors around the world, they must find a person looking to put their MB-PIVX, they will talk about the project and if they agree to indicate the money will be sent to them, being realistic, it will be necessary to convert this first transfer in Fiat, since otherwise it may not be possible to start, buy the basic inputs and start business operations.

This micro donation will only be possible to do it once per person and care will be taken that more members of the close family are not selected, at least initially, to avoid abuse, and we will take care that the business continues to operate for a while longer before reconsidering someone from the immediate circle, there is no limit on the type of possible business, but it must be legal within the local legal legislation, for example, food businesses, groceries, confectionery, etc.

Sin título 2.png
PXL_20220723_002647759.MP.jpg

PXL_20220712_001025664.MP (1).jpg
PXL_20220712_001047934 (1).jpeg

It is possible that this fund will be assigned to one per ambassador and of course, I will be in charge of studying the projects presented and determining who will obtain the funds, of course the system can always be cheated and someone will undoubtedly open it who manages to circumvent the security measures that we have, but that shouldn't stop us from helping more people, no, there is no such thing as a perfect system after all.

For each ambassador who manages to place a business in the project, MB-PIVX will receive a bonus of $20 USD for his efforts, after presenting photographic and video evidence of the operating business.

To convert the PIV to fiat I will be able to make the necessary arrangements using traditional payment channels, if the ambassador is not able to do so, the ambassador will also be invited to attend the MB-PIVX to convert the PIV to local fiat and to show him how to “save” some for a future price increase. It is not expected that the MB-PIVX only accepts PIVX or that it is their main payment method, it is intended that they help themselves and that with the help of PIVX they improve their living conditions.

Te founds would be:
Code:
MB-PIVX: $100 USD
MB-PIVX Ambassador: $20 USD
MB-PIVX Expensive (exchanges fees): $20 USD

I'm asking for "4000" PIV, that let me do 2 or 3 test of these proposals (depending on the prices fluctuations), and present some feedback to the idea and improvements.

Let me know your questions and comments.

Last edited:
Na this is not what the funding is for. We don't need to pay people to bring people to pivx and tip them if they make a use case. If they are truly a volunteer pivx ambassador they do not need this as they are already committed. If they are not should they really be a volunteer?

Hey @ONeZetty !

Love this proposal. Love that you, like almost everyone in PIVX, volunteers SO MUCH time, and yet is ALWAYS positive and SMILING, even when there is so much negative going on it this world! That's because you see the opportunity to help make the world a better place through PIVX - but for that to happen, we need to get PIVX being used for purchases.

Nice to see the itemized breakdown, and I am glad to see you are asking for your expenses to be covered. It is hard enough for us to keep volunteers motivated as it is, and pretty much impossible if they are also out of pocket with expenses.

I would love to see this post get a bunch of brain storming comments on what the small business can offer that is VALUABLE to PIVX. For that, it would help to know what kind of business you are referring to - that can be helped with just $100 of PIVX - so it must be a REALLY small business.

Frankly, I like the idea of starting small, because we ABSOLUTELY need to focus on ADOPTION, ADOPTION and ADOPTION, and we need to be as efficient as possible. Having said that, if things go in the right direction, I would love to see things scale FAST!

Tell us more please!

Last edited:
Tell us more please!
Thanks @Eric_Stanek!

Yes, my plan is starting with something simple, let me explait it to you all:

It is very common in LATAM for people to set up micro-businesses in their communities, often outside their homes. These businesses are simple, they sell food, sweets, snacks, etc. As incredible as it may seem, many times these businesses evolve into bigger things, large business chains in Mexico, started with a "table outside the house", this is the goal.

And yes, I am rewarding the effort because "working for free" is a fool's fantasy, even if it were, and you were the most passionate of all, there are expenses that you don't see at the moment, transportation, taking photos, internet, etc.

I want to start with a taco place and maybe a dessert place (cakes), if the price allows it, maybe some other place for sweets and snacks, it is my intention to keep it as simple as possible, so that the community is the one that sees it grow with help of PIVX to more people.

Na this is not what the funding is for. We don't need to pay people to bring people to pivx and tip them if they make a use case. If they are truly a volunteer pivx ambassador they do not need this as they are already committed. If they are not should they really be a volunteer?
I think you may misunderstand the meaning behind this proposal. :) This is a test project that is about paying it forward, supporting new and old community members in their endeavors. It isn't about paying someone to do work for PIVX without knowing if it will succeed or not, or if they will actually work. Think of it like a donation of sorts, in which PIVX is able to help others start or continue to grow their business. The marketing value alone of this idea is invaluable as the photos showing the business, clients using it along with also using PIV will be promoted. Metrics show that people really do like community stories of support, and they love photos of happy people. Long story short, the value alone from promoting it will be worth more at the end of the day than the funding @ONeZetty is asking for. But again, the point is PIVX paying it forward and that this is at test project.

Thanks @Eric_Stanek!

Yes, my plan is starting with something simple, let me explait it to you all:

It is very common in LATAM for people to set up micro-businesses in their communities, often outside their homes. These businesses are simple, they sell food, sweets, snacks, etc. As incredible as it may seem, many times these businesses evolve into bigger things, large business chains in Mexico, started with a "table outside the house", this is the goal.

And yes, I am rewarding the effort because "working for free" is a fool's fantasy, even if it were, and you were the most passionate of all, there are expenses that you don't see at the moment, transportation, taking photos, internet, etc.

I want to start with a taco place and maybe a dessert place (cakes), if the price allows it, maybe some other place for sweets and snacks, it is my intention to keep it as simple as possible, so that the community is the one that sees it grow with help of PIVX to more people.
I am excited about this project. So many possibilities to grow from. Thank you @ONeZetty for leading this and doing the work.

@ONeZetty How much does a Taco cost? Maybe it goes like this ....

1. We get the Taco stand to accept PIVX for payment as part of the deal where we 'sponsor' them with their setup fee of $100 or so.
2. The vendor then lets their clients know, if they come back with a PIVX wallet installed on their cell phone, he/she will take a picture of them with their PIVX address shown on their cell phone, and post it online.
3. We watch for it, and then send say $2 worth of PIV for them to go back to the vendor to get another Taco.
4. The vendor takes another picture of them paying with PIVX and posts that online too.
5. If the client also posts online, perhaps we tip them another $2 for another Taco.

Lots of ways to spin this, where everyone wins, it is easy to manage, hard to game, and we get tons of images of PIVX being used, for us to promote on Social media.

I've got LOTS more ideas, but I need to leave to meet someone.

Thanks @ONeZetty !

1. We get the Taco stand to accept PIVX for payment as part of the deal where we 'sponsor' them with their setup fee of $100 or so.

Thanks @Eric_Stanek!

Yes, part of the “accepting process” would be an "PVX introduction" and the merchant need to accepting PIVX in a mandatory way as a payment method, and of curse we need the ambassadors, because they will make the first purchase using PIVX and of course, we can do dynamics and promotions like the ones you tell me, since we will seek the success of the business and its growth.

Hey @ONeZetty !

I suggest we call it The PIVX Micro Business Program.

Small business can still be what is HUGE money for PIVX. Plus, many in the crypto industry are already aware of 'Micro Loans' and understand what 'Micro' means in terms of scale. ($100 to $500 USD)

So, if we use the word 'Micro', the concept will already be clear for many.

Thanks!

Hey @ONeZetty !

I suggest we call it The PIVX Micro Business Program.

Small business can still be what is HUGE money for PIVX. Plus, many in the crypto industry are already aware of 'Micro Loans' and understand what 'Micro' means in terms of scale. ($100 to $500 USD)

So, if we use the word 'Micro', the concept will already be clear for many.

Thanks!
Thanks for the suggestion @Eric_Stanek!!

I love the way this is evolving. 💜

This is evolving into nothing. Your just bypassing the masternodes votes into an even more centralised "loan system" which you control the funds.

If someone has an idea and wants funds they submit a proposal. If they don't want to pay out the 50piv for the proposal fee they include that in their proposal to reimburse them. It's only 50piv so it's hardly breaking the bank and if it is a really worth while project they are wanting funds for I'm sure the community would donate to cover that 50piv so they don't even have to pay the submission fee.

The masternode voting system works in a way you don't have to pay it back but if you fail to deliver you are unlikely to get another proposal passed.

Your creating a role for yourself to manage funds and it is not needed. Stop trying to bypass the system already in place which works and is a far better voting system than if zetty deems your project worthwhile so keep him on your good side if you want some of the funds?

It's a no from me.

Gerald, the micro business owners that ONeZetty is referring to, are not even aware of PIVX yet, let alone familiar with the Treasury Proposal System. Further, they are not aware they have value they can offer PIVX in exchange for support. I would expect that we can get quite a few amazing images for social media from each merchant. How exactly do you see this working, without ONeZetty taking the initiative to make it happen?

I doubt things will go smooth. Ideas are easy and executing them is hard. There will be a lot of unexpected issues that arise. But, we will learn a lot from this initial process and then we can regroup. If it turns out to be a good idea, then we will want to scale it ASAP. Then it might make sense to simply direct merchants to example proposals they can follow to submit their own.

Code:
Title: Micro Business PIVX Community Project
Name: MBPCP-1
Term: 2 Cycles
Cycle Amount: 2000
Total Amount: 4000
Author: ONeZetty
Receiver: ONeZetty
Address: D5mPoBRW2NZigVhJewNUP9gx96RZt2xLfT
PIVX Foundation: Able to KYC to receive

As we know, many of us started with an idea that brought us closer to cryptocurrencies, but someone always helped us start, a friend, a family member, a face-to-face or digital community, someone was always there to help us take the first step.

Despite so much news (good and bad), there are many people out there who still do not know anything about cryptos, about the great opportunities that incorporating them into their lives represents and the advantages that their use implies over fiat, if at all. We add the lack of opportunities and the poverty of some regions, we have a vicious circle. And I want the PIVX Community to help me change that, I want us to be that “first” contact between people and cryptocurrencies.

With this proposal I want to support a group of people to enter the world of cryptocurrencies, selecting small entrepreneurs who need support to start their small home businesses, giving community loans to those who need them under the concept of “lost fund”, in other words, there is no need to send it back if it is not possible.

I call it:

Micro Business PIVX Community Project

(MB PIVX, for short).​

Supporting entrepreneurs is the best way to make ourselves known as a community, as a cryptocurrency and as a form of payment, we will support those who want to set up a small business in their homes or communities with an initial fund, so they can start their small business, the most important condition is that they accept PIVX as a payment method in their businesses, but the fact that they start their projects will be the fundamental thing, attracting the news about PIVX to the specialized media and to many more people in the community.

The idea is that a fund of 100 USD is provided to the person interested in starting their business (MB-PIVX), a transfer of 50 USD will be initial to start their MB-PIVX and 50 USD more when starting their operation and carrying out your first documented sale.

To select the people we will help PIVX ambassadors around the world, they must find a person looking to put their MB-PIVX, they will talk about the project and if they agree to indicate the money will be sent to them, being realistic, it will be necessary to convert this first transfer in Fiat, since otherwise it may not be possible to start, buy the basic inputs and start business operations.

This micro donation will only be possible to do it once per person and care will be taken that more members of the close family are not selected, at least initially, to avoid abuse, and we will take care that the business continues to operate for a while longer before reconsidering someone from the immediate circle, there is no limit on the type of possible business, but it must be legal within the local legal legislation, for example, food businesses, groceries, confectionery, etc.

It is possible that this fund will be assigned to one per ambassador and of course, I will be in charge of studying the projects presented and determining who will obtain the funds, of course the system can always be cheated and someone will undoubtedly open it who manages to circumvent the security measures that we have, but that shouldn't stop us from helping more people, no, there is no such thing as a perfect system after all.

For each ambassador who manages to place a business in the project, MB-PIVX will receive a bonus of $20 USD for his efforts, after presenting photographic and video evidence of the operating business.

To convert the PIV to fiat I will be able to make the necessary arrangements using traditional payment channels, if the ambassador is not able to do so, the ambassador will also be invited to attend the MB-PIVX to convert the PIV to local fiat and to show him how to “save” some for a future price increase. It is not expected that the MB-PIVX only accepts PIVX or that it is their main payment method, it is intended that they help themselves and that with the help of PIVX they improve their living conditions.

Te founds would be:
Code:
MB-PIVX: $100 USD
MB-PIVX Ambassador: $20 USD
MB-PIVX Expensive (exchanges fees): $20 USD

I'm asking for "4000" PIV, that let me do 2 or 3 test of these proposals (depending on the prices fluctuations), and present some feedback to the idea and improvements.

Let me know your questions and comments.
I think this is exactly what the funding is for (or should be). You'll have my votes, Mr Zetty !

I also like the Idea, but I also can understand gerralds criticism about centralized fund managing, but at the start sometimes a different approach is needed before it's going to run autonomously. In this case, I would say it's really worth a try, But I also would expect some updates afterward for example for a year about how it's going ? how many businesses could be convinced, whats their earned amounts ? not every detail but a general overview

Onlya few questions for my understanding,

Q1: How will they exchange the earned PIVX into their local currency then, because when they can't spend PIVX again locally there will be a demand for fiat exchange at one point.
Q2: How will those who pay with PIVX get their PIVX coins?
Q3: Are you a local in an area where you want to try it?
Q4: And how do you have planned to monitor the progress

Generally, I will support this idea :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Answering for @ONeZetty as I know he is busy:

A1: This was answered already by @ONeZetty in his original post with; "To convert the PIV to fiat I will be able to make the necessary arrangements using traditional payment channels, if the ambassador is not able to do so, the ambassador will also be invited to attend the MB-PIVX to convert the PIV to local fiat and to show him how to “save” some for a future price increase."

A2: One idea is that the vendor shows them how to install a wallet on their phone, and then takes a picture of them holding their phone displaying the PIVX receive address. That image can be posted on social media with specific hashtags, so that we see it, and PIVians can check the balance/transactions to decide if they wish to donate $2 USD worth of PIVX. Ideally, we should somehow require that the user posts on their social media first too.

A3: OneZetty lives in Cancun which is where he wants to start this.

A4: I can't answer this one for ONeZetty.

Hi @flow11, thanks for your questions, and thanks @Eric_Stanek for the help, yes work heavy this coupe days. :ROFLMAO:

Q1: How will they exchange the earned PIVX into their local currency then, because when they can't spend PIVX again locally there will be a demand for fiat exchange at one point.
Initially, the ambassador (me) must change the PIV for fiat, the intention is that the merchant learns to change his PIV or to keep it, if he wants.
Q2: How will those who pay with PIVX get their PIVX coins?
Well, first I will invite some members of my crypto community (Bicuners) to participate, maybe with a special discount, if they pay with PIVX, part of the loan could be this discount.
Q3: Are you a local in an area where you want to try it?
Yes I'm, I live in Cancun (Quintana Roo, Mexico), here the test will begin, the idea is to extend it to more places, after seeing how it works.
Q4: And how do you have planned to monitor the progress
I plan to visit the merchants once a month and see how they are doing, since the intention is for them to become entrepreneurs, so my visit will not only be for crypto topics, but also for business administration and so.

Hi @flow11, thanks for your questions, and thanks @Eric_Stanek for the help, yes work heavy this coupe days. :ROFLMAO:
Initially, the ambassador (me) must change the PIV for fiat, the intention is that the merchant learns to change his PIV or to keep it, if he wants.

Well, first I will invite some members of my crypto community (Bicuners) to participate, maybe with a special discount, if they pay with PIVX, part of the loan could be this discount.

Yes I'm, I live in Cancun (Quintana Roo, Mexico), here the test will begin, the idea is to extend it to more places, after seeing how it works.

I plan to visit the merchants once a month and see how they are doing, since the intention is for them to become entrepreneurs, so my visit will not only be for crypto topics, but also for business administration and so.

HI Onezetty :)

Thanks for answering my questions. but from your answers, another question was raised.

Like this, you will act like a bank as Gerrald said before. And the bigger it gets users might rely on you as a PIVX middleman who distributes and collects PIVX.

What is your idea to make users not reliant on your local exchanging service? Basically, it's a thing that you show them how it works until they got used to it and then you show them the exchanges where they can exchange it themselves.

Generally, I would not have anything against it if you make some exchanging business and earn some Dollars with the exchanging service. and to get it running I also agree to give you this starting capital, and if the business is running and you could earn from it for a while. If it's successful some more funds for this can be distributed and you could earn locally and integrate more and more businesses with PIVX. Like that you would be a real ambassador.

When PIVX is reaching a certain size your PIVX banking business will become obsolete over time, as other options for exchanging PIVX will be there and users will maybe not exchange their coins anymore but spend them as there is an infrastructure where it can be spent

What about your local laws? Will it be possible to do that without risking trouble?

If you submit it you will get 2x yes from me :)

Regards
flow11