What's new

Awaiting Feedback My first time...

Meerkat

Pivian
GOTCHA! Now that I have your attention...

Hello!

I've been thinking for the past few days about this whole situation with a misaligned proposal and past trouble with website updates and I have few thoughts I'd like to share.
Some of you met me and know that I rarely take part in any discussions, especially when they involve emotionally charged comments and personal accusations.
I don't like to get myself in trouble by agreeing or disagreeing with any one person. But recently I've been tempted to throw in few thoughts of my own.

In the past I've done my best to help PIVX Community with all of the graphical needs and requests which, much to my disappointment, mostly came from @LeacyMcK.
Don't get me wrong, I love working with @LeacyMcK but I wish more friends would throw in some ideas from time to time.
I've written few times on open channels of PIVX Discord server to attract some requests for designs but always got very little engagement from the larger community.
I will have to think of some ways to attract and convince people to contact me about their ideas but that's a "battle" for another day.

Another subject that made me check my work and involvement was the website. I had to make sure that everything I've built and left for other people to build upon was clear, clean and easy.
I've checked template files and read through CSS files and I cannot find anything that is difficult, unclear or might need my immediate, critical attention. If you know if any, please, let me know.

Since 2006 I've developed simple HTML and Wordpress websites and taken part in developement of advanced PHP and Symfony webapps.
I've checked PIVX website top to bottom and I have not found any critical errors nor misalignments with current market standards or past PIVX Community requirements.
If you have any feedback or know of any errors that require my attention, please, let me know.
Yes, this is a webapp and so it requires basic development skills to make a simple frontend update but it should not be a problem for any middle-class developer, like myself. ;)
I'm not a PHP/Symfony developer nor a dev-ops and I would require help from one to make bigger changes in functionalities or to move this app to a new server.
I'm sure there are people in our Community who know people and those people know people. You catch my drift? ;)
Even with my lacking communication skills I would try to find someone to help me and after few trials and errors, just do it.
I've been also thinking about rewriting this website into simple HTML/CSS templates, per @sh_rn 's request, but I don't think it is possible.
We would have to remove all of the essential functionalities, like e.g.:
- region, language and currency detection with current PIVX price,
- automated proposals listing, timer and counter,
- multilingual templating,
- auto-fetching and rendering data
and many more...

Also it would be an awful downgrading of the PIVX website. I don't think it would be a plus for PIVX brand or community.
And it would be clearly noticeable by the larger cryptocurrency community. And I like doing good TECH not long EH. Don't you? ;)

For now, in accordance with our current proposal, I will make all of the required updates.
Furthermore I will improve and fix the PIVX website wherever I can think of, feedback and ideas are warmly welcomed.
I will continue in my effort to support PIVX Community and @LeacyMcK in all of their graphical needs.

I have always respected all of the people involved in the PIVX Community and did my best to treat you all with utmost respect and kindness.
Most of you are much more involved and dedicated than I've ever been, especially in the past few years.

Before I left few years ago, I felt like I've overstayed my welcome in PIVX. Conflicts in the community have taken a toll on me.
Kyeno left PIVX and everyone just assumed I had to go with him. Probably because I was never an active communicator and nobody knew that I was still there willing and able to help.
That was a breaking point for me, a burnout got me. I felt like I needed to prove to myself that I am a separate, independent person.
But all I needed was a change of perspective and some vacation. So I took a break, made few changes in my routine, quit smoking, learned few new skills, honed some of the old ones.
And I'm grateful for that tough lesson. I'm grateful that we're back in PIVX and I will do my best to make you all want me to stay.

Getting back to the point, I just want to ask you all personally, to contact me personally if you ever need anything involving future website updates or any design needs for PIVX.
And if you hear/see anyone requiring my skills, please, send them my way (littlemeerkat @Discord).

If and when DAO deems it appropriate, I will create a summary proposal.

Thank you for your time and attention spent on reading this.
I hope this message finds you in good health and great mood and we can all work together for the good of PIVX and it's Community. 💜

(I'm really sorry about the quality my English grammar. It's not my native language and I'm still learning. Hope you can decipher.)

Last edited:
GOTCHA! Now that I have your attention...

Hello!

I've been thinking for the past few days about this whole situation with a misaligned proposal and past trouble with website updates and I have few thoughts I'd like to share.
Some of you met me and know that I rarely take part in any discussions, especially when they involve emotionally charged comments and personal accusations.
I don't like to get myself in trouble by agreeing or disagreeing with any one person. But recently I've been tempted to throw in few thoughts of my own.

In the past I've done my best to help PIVX Community with all of the graphical needs and requests which, much to my disappointment, mostly came from @LeacyMcK.
Don't get me wrong, I love working with @LeacyMcK but I wish more friends would throw in some ideas from time to time.
I've written few times on open channels of PIVX Discord server to attract some requests for designs but always got very little engagement from the larger community.
I will have to think of some ways to attract and convince people to contact me about their ideas but that's a "battle" for another day.

Another subject that made me check my work and involvement was the website. I had to make sure that everything I've built and left for other people to build upon was clear, clean and easy.
I've checked template files and read through CSS files and I cannot find anything that is difficult, unclear or might need my immediate, critical attention. If you know if any, please, let me know.

Since 2006 I've developed simple HTML and Wordpress websites and taken part in developement of advanced PHP and Symfony webapps.
I've checked PIVX website top to bottom and I have not found any critical errors nor misalignments with current market standards or past PIVX Community requirements.
If you have any feedback or know of any errors that require my attention, please, let me know.
Yes, this is a webapp and so it requires basic development skills to make a simple frontend update but it should not be a problem for any middle-class developer, like myself. ;)
I'm not a PHP/Symfony developer nor a dev-ops and I would require help from one to make bigger changes in functionalities or to move this app to a new server.
I'm sure there are people in our Community who know people and those people know people. You catch my drift? ;)
Even with my lacking communication skills I would try to find someone to help me and after few trials and errors, just do it.
I've been also thinking about rewriting this website into simple HTML/CSS templates, per @sh_rn 's request, but I don't think it is possible.
We would have to remove all of the essential functionalities, like e.g.:
- region, language and currency detection with current PIVX price,
- automated proposals listing, timer and counter,
- multilingual templating,
- auto-fetching and rendering data
and many more...

Also it would be an awful downgrading of the PIVX website. I don't think it would be a plus for PIVX brand or community.
And it would be clearly noticeable by the larger cryptocurrency community. And I like doing good TECH not long EH. Don't you? ;)

For now, in accordance with our current proposal, I will make all of the required updates.
Furthermore I will improve and fix the PIVX website wherever I can think of, feedback and ideas are warmly welcomed.
I will continue in my effort to support PIVX Community and @LeacyMcK in all of their graphical needs.

I have always respected all of the people involved in the PIVX Community and did my best to treat you all with utmost respect and kindness.
Most of you are much more involved and dedicated than I've ever been, especially in the past few years.

Before I left few years ago, I felt like I've overstayed my welcome in PIVX. Conflicts in the community have taken a toll on me.
Kyeno left PIVX and everyone just assumed I had to go with him. Probably because I was never an active communicator and nobody knew that I was still there willing and able to help.
That was a breaking point for me, a burnout got me. I felt like I needed to prove to myself that I am a separate, independent person.
But all I needed was a change of perspective and some vacation. So I took a break, made few changes in my routine, quit smoking, learned few new skills, honed some of the old ones.
And I'm grateful for that tough lesson. I'm grateful that we're back in PIVX and I will do my best to make you all want me to stay.

Getting back to the point, I just want to ask you all personally, to contact me personally if you ever need anything involving future website updates or any design needs for PIVX.
And if you hear/see anyone requiring my skills, please, send them my way (littlemeerkat @Discord).

If and when DAO deems it appropriate, I will create a summary proposal.

Thank you for your time and attention spent on reading this.
I hope this message finds you in good health and great mood and we can all work together for the good of PIVX and it's Community. 💜

(I'm really sorry about the quality my English grammar. It's not my native language and I'm still learning. Hope you can decipher.)
You wrote your truth and wrote it well. 💜 Your English grammar is better than a lot of native english speaking people so never worry about that. I have always enjoyed working with you as you know and am really happy you're back amongst our world. I missed you my friend, ask others, I have made it well known just how much I have. lol I look forward to working with you again. In regards to the website, I know I can get in and out and do what I need to do when updating or posting. The rest of it I leave to you and the other more knowledgable team members in deciding what needs to be done.