What's new

Active PIVX GLOBAL AMBASSADOR PROGRAM

It's people being slipped in through the back door and getting paid out the budget when they would fail or have failed a vote with the dao. In its current form this is how it works.

Without the vote of the dao of each ambassador it's going have to be a no from me. A workaround maybe a vote that is paid for by the applying ambassador to see if they are wanted. But then why not just do it all seperate proposals which makes more sense anyway.
I don't know how you're thinking about this for the Ambassador program, Gerald, but of course, as an MN holder, you're free to vote as you wish. I'm not doing anything extra for anyone to receive payment from the budget. As I mentioned at the beginning, my goal is to establish a system to actively utilize PIVX resources in every country where possible.

Please consider this: through the Official PIVX Ambassador Program, we can select and coordinate our ambassadors ourselves.

An idea could be to let the selected ambassadors share a topic headline introducing themselves on the Forum when the program starts and to let the whole community assess the selected ambassadors and ask them questions before the program begins.

I understand what you're saying, but we're already using this for development and other activities. Everyone is submitting individual proposals.

What I aim for in this program is for PIVX to have control and to evaluate the ambassadors based on their performance. For example, Gerald, you are a hardworking ambassador for PIVX in your country and requesting 10,000 PIVX monthly. Another ambassador doing the same work and achieving the same impact as you is receiving 5,000 PIVX. Do you think this situation is fair?

That's why when entering local markets, control should be in PIVX's hands. We need to work systematically to implement our growth strategy.

If I were in your place, I would initially support and review the start of the Ambassador program. Trust me, the process will be more successful than you think.

Regarding the work fairness is why I think an individual proposal for each person, showing what their doing is best. Each individual ambassador depending on how much work they are doing, list what they plan to do and what they feel is reasonable to charge. Then the dao can decide.

Last edited:
Who are your 6 ambassadors you have planned?
There are no envoys planned. Applications will be received and evaluated based on qualifications and experience. When the decision is made for the 6 potential Ambassadors, they will introduce themselves to the community and the final decision will be made. I guess no matter what I tell you, it won't change your mind. I hope the offer will be successful and you will consider supporting in the future 🤝

The way of working and how you have wrote it can be the same just add the extra step in for the dao to vote on the ambassador first.

Jealousy is a very different topic. Of course, every ambassador is free and can give any speech they wish. There is one point you are missing, though. This process is managed by the PIVX Project. It is superior to individuals. Contrary to what you think, I believe the ambassadors will proceed with excellent coordination. Each ambassador will be evaluated based on their performance.
Exactly my friend, PIVX is sovereign, no one said otherwise.Maybe I misunderstood me, I consider your proposal fantastic and essential.

Are you implying that in the event of a possible removal from the ambassadorship program, they will make negative comments about PIVX? If your answer is yes, I do not believe this is possible. All developments in the ambassadorship program will be conducted transparently and openly in front of the community and the public.

Yes, I would love to chat with you when the ambassadorship program starts. Thank you for your feedback. If you think of anything, feel free to write, as this helps us make better progress.
It's not an insinuation, it's more of an observation, not only jealousy, but also the ego is usually a problem in these cases. Managing people is difficult in any situation, it's a fact. But of course, that's my point of view.

In PIVX Labs, each individual has their own proposal, so it can be voted on. But, these proposals are often organized and written by JSkitty. In this way, JSkitty can manage the team, and report out why some are working more or less than others ( school, illness, technical issues, scope changes etc.) and also reporting out in a consistent manner, making it way easier for MNOs to make decisions.

Perhaps follow this 'Best Practice' once you have a team?

That's the biggest reason why I wanted the embassy program. To inform all MN owners with detailed statistics and to manage the process in the best way.
When we achieve this, excellent results
In PIVX Labs, each individual has their own proposal, so it can be voted on. But, these proposals are often organized and written by JSkitty. In this way, JSkitty can manage the team, and report out why some are working more or less than others ( school, illness, technical issues, scope changes etc.) and also reporting out in a consistent manner, making it way easier for MNOs to make decisions.

Perhaps follow this 'Best Practice' once you have a team?

I'm not trying to be that guy but, honestly speaking, have ANY of the ambassadors made worthwhile contributions to PIVX? Yea you can spend hours posting some stuff on X in another language, or take pictures with a PIVX shirt, but I can definitely see what the Labs has done. Through GitHub etc.

So it's hard to ask to create this whole thing when in my opinion the jury is still out whether it works. Not trying to poopoo ambassadors in general, but I think you need HUNDREDS to make an impact, not like 6. And there definitely isn't enough budget to support that

Hi Rwenzori , Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the ambassador program. It's always valuable to hear different perspectives. The ambassador program is designed to promote PIVX globally and encourage its adoption.

First of all, it doesn't make sense to me to compare the Labs team with the ambassador activities. It cannot be compared because the fields and skills are different.
You have to share your progress on github because it's a developer library :) There is no such space for ambassadors.
I appreciate and support Labs.
In my personal opinion, it's important to get the word out to more people, except for critical improvements.
English is not the only language in the world and other people can easily access these resources through Ambassadors.
The Ambassador program is a resource that is involved in every project and enables expansion.
I can't comment if you think that wearing a PIVX t-shirt doesn't have a positive effect. Making announcements in many countries to bring the poker game you have developed to more people can be a positive result :)

I'm not trying to be that guy but, honestly speaking, have ANY of the ambassadors made worthwhile contributions to PIVX? Yea you can spend hours posting some stuff on X in another language, or take pictures with a PIVX shirt, but I can definitely see what the Labs has done. Through GitHub etc.

So it's hard to ask to create this whole thing when in my opinion the jury is still out whether it works. Not trying to poopoo ambassadors in general, but I think you need HUNDREDS to make an impact, not like 6. And there definitely isn't enough budget to support that

I would like to inform you about some of the topics that were envisaged and implemented through the Ambassador program.
Community Building: Ambassadors are actively organizing local and digital events to grow and support the PIVX community. These activities help PIVX reach a wider audience and increase its adoption.
For example, since I am attending a conference in Turkey, we are in one-on-one communication with the BingX Turkey manager and we are negotiating for exchange listings.
I met with the GCBEX exchange Turkey managers at the event venue and passed the information to Jeffrey.
Having people to mobilize in different locations adds value to the project.

Global Awareness and Outreach: Creating content in different languages ensures that PIVX is not limited to English-speaking communities. Ambassadors promote PIVX's values and technical innovations in their regions, raising global awareness.
Everyone is using official PIVX resources in their own language to provide information to their communities. Thanks to the images that Leacymyk sent, we're making sure that we're communicating all the developments and details in our language in a way that people can understand. This local growth gives us a positive contribution to upcoming events and organizations.

You can think of Leander's accepted offer as an embassy mission. He will publicize Labs' improvements in local languages via social media.

The ambassador program can receive positive or negative votes. That's really not my problem.
I just think that this program will bring positive benefits and contributions to PIVX.
Please remember, Developer is one status, Community manager (Ambassador) is another status :)

The Ambassador program can be looked at maybe to extend marketing, because we start catering to more communities, we have people on the ground that more can relate to.

As is with marketing some things work and some things do not. We will only know by trying.

I agree he may eventually need more, but why should we start so aggressively now when we do not have any results yet? I think its a fine starting point and we can quantify if they have done any impact after letting them try some things.

Labs is working with Ambassadors too, because the goal in this is adoption and usecases as well. So we have to think from more potential businesses local to accept PIVX.

We have recently discussed in working with these to make a process for people to use, invoice, pay with PIVX and make the process hopefully very easy for all in the future.

As far as worthwhile contributors from Ambassador programs we could point to @ONeZetty and @Elenac
We just have to also remember we are now in a better position for the use of the Ambassadors than ever before.

We can have all the greatest devs and business development going on, without sharing the news of all these latest feats it just becomes a situation of preaching to the choir. Having an ambassador program opens us up to new people. It's required and benefits everyone as a whole. Also 6 people can be extremely beneficial. I am just a single person handling listings and look at how much has been done, Same as you @Rwenzori handing PIVX.poker, A single person that made a huge contribution

Individuals can create so much and when we all work as a team that's when the magic happens.

The ambassador program has been suspended. Given the number of marketing activity proposals, this was the most logical path for PIVX. Ultimately, the voting MN holders may know other factors.

I will continue with my personal progress. Thank you for all the ideas.

I would just like to point out that someone else can also initiate the ambassador program. My goal is to contribute to the project.

While there are many people actively working and successfully submitting proposals for marketing activities, I never understood why there was such a negative attitude towards expanding these activities to other countries. Anyway, PIVX is everywhere!

The ambassador program has been suspended. Given the number of marketing activity proposals, this was the most logical path for PIVX. Ultimately, the voting MN holders may know other factors.

I will continue with my personal progress. Thank you for all the ideas.

I would just like to point out that someone else can also initiate the ambassador program. My goal is to contribute to the project.

While there are many people actively working and successfully submitting proposals for marketing activities, I never understood why there was such a negative attitude towards expanding these activities to other countries. Anyway, PIVX is everywhere!
I do not think the case is this is not wanted. I wanted to take the time to thank you for your work. The team absolutely appreciates everything you do. The PIVX Ambassador program needs to come back, theres just some shifting going around for budget space.

Maybe we revisit and reapply. We do not want this to fade away!

Bunun istenmediği bir durum olduğunu düşünmüyorum. Çalışmanız için size teşekkür etmek için zaman ayırmak istedim. Ekip yaptığınız her şeyi kesinlikle takdir ediyor. PIVX Elçisi programının geri gelmesi gerekiyor, sadece bütçe alanı için bazı değişiklikler yapılıyor.

Belki tekrar gözden geçirip tekrar başvururuz. Bunun kaybolup gitmesini istemiyoruz!
Thank you for taking the time. This is indeed a DAO, and everyone has their own ideas. I respect your good wishes. Given all the marketing efforts and new exchange listings, I find it surprising that this idea has not been accepted.

As I mentioned before, the development team is working excellently. However, if we cannot reach people in every language, our goals and desires will not be fulfilled. It seems that everyone can act as an ambassador by submitting their individual proposals.

As I said, "I have no personal gain; someone else can make proposals and work on the program." But the fact remains that constantly postponing this is a negative attitude. I will continue to focus on my own work. I hope that in the future, everyone will be convinced that this idea is logical :)

Thank you for taking the time. This is indeed a DAO, and everyone has their own ideas. I respect your good wishes. Given all the marketing efforts and new exchange listings, I find it surprising that this idea has not been accepted.

As I mentioned before, the development team is working excellently. However, if we cannot reach people in every language, our goals and desires will not be fulfilled. It seems that everyone can act as an ambassador by submitting their individual proposals.

As I said, "I have no personal gain; someone else can make proposals and work on the program." But the fact remains that constantly postponing this is a negative attitude. I will continue to focus on my own work. I hope that in the future, everyone will be convinced that this idea is logical :)
We want to reach people, its just this month theres the top up for liquidity that needed taking care of. Exchange listings and pairs can be in jeopardy when the liquidity is low. The BTC markets have dropped and started to recover but the idea is some stuff had to shift to get that issue solved first. We want users that are reached out to with the program can access PIVX easily. Please do not take this as a negative attitude towards this proposal. Your work has been great and I think you are a good fit for handling the program.