Author: JSKitty
Receiver: JSKitty
Address: D5CVeFVCtAv6wKYMbVrmNrDKQhmkwHZnQQ
Created: 14-09-2024
Vote Hash: d3438e90440a80627b1606bc25d24698c652d503694cc8c1a2ac791bf3eaa263

Hello curious PIVian or Labsian!

I'm JSKitty
😺
- Full-time Project Lead of the PIVX Labs team, and collaborator at PIVX Core.
Who is this? Click to get up-to-date on my last proposal.

This is my ninth proposal, in the form of an LRP (Labs Recurring Proposal) to renew my perpetual position in continuing to push PIVX to the next level.

I am the Project Lead of PIVX Labs, as well as a full-time developer for MyPIVXWallet.org, PIVCards and now PIVX Rewards - I manage the networking of Labs, assist in marketing efforts with both the PIVX Core marketing team and the growing Labs independent marketing team, as well as cultivating the Community Development sector of PIVX to assist small aspiring leaders or developers to build their PIVX projects to their full potential.

Note: This proposal has a slight increase in requested amount, to compensate for the price drop over the last three months - it is not a proportional increase, to allow room for the budget to fund important efforts like Binance MM.

What have I done in these last cycles?
These last three cycles have largely been "maintenance cycles", outside of some partnerships and some micro-service releases, such as the new Labs Oracle service and some merchant + game-dev-with-PIVX tools, the bulk of my work has been performing large server migrations, tightening down performance on various apps, revamping our Labs Platform web-design framework, and overseeing the progression of our five projects.

Let's dive in to my responsibilities below.

• MyPIVXWallet Development
Here are my own contributions to MPW during these cycles:
- Add Password Visibility Toggles: This adds the ability to hide/show password fields in the MPW interface, previously, it was impossible to reveal your password in-entry.
- Remove Jdenticon: This PR simply removes the "Jdenticon" library and some shallow integration code - Jdenticon is a feature removed in v2.

- v2.0 followup-fixup: This PR is an aggregation of over 10 separate fixes/additions, created after the merge of the v2.0 GUI to smooth out various UX issues.
- Remove iOS auto-zoom: Removed a controversial default iOS feature which forced Safari to auto-zoom when using input fields, this was quite jarring, thus removed.

Outside of these PRs, I've reviewed a large amount of PRs and handled the Quality Control process to reduce the amount of bugs and issues making their way in to Production releases.

• PIVCards
Spend PIV at any store, in any country, from any wallet, in total privacy.

PIVCards has primarily had under-the-hood improvements these cycles, the ones I've worked on include:
  • Upgraded from Contabo to Njalla: your data is safer, and our uptime is higher. Plus, we've ditched Cloudflare for even deeper network-level user anonymity!
  • New Domain and DNS server: we've shifted PIVCards from the MyPIVXWallet/pivcards domain to it's own subdomain under PIVXLa.bz - cards.pivxla.bz.
  • Upgraded PIVCards from CoinGecko to Labs Oracle: more accurate card prices!
  • Refactored the backend host-service: this simply makes it easier for us devs to setup new PIVCard instances, automating some of the setup and removing hardcoded variables.
Alongside this, I've re-purposed the previous PIVCards server to be PIVCards Staging - a separate PIVCards service used to test new and upcoming features in a real, fully-working PIVCards instance. This way, we can iterate and complete PIVCards upgrades much faster than before, at no risk to the Production service.

If you like to live on the edge, feel free to use PIVCards Staging yourself at: https://mypivxwallet.org/pivcards-staging

• PIVX Rewards
PIVX Rewards has continued it's slow ascent in user count - with 2,008 SHIELD withdrawals since launch, PIVX Rewards is doing it's continual part in improving the SHIELD anonymity set, while gradually growing the PIVX Labs Discord and growing the userbase of our other apps via Labs Ads, which has served over 30,000 views since the launch of Labs Ads.

Code-wise, Labs Ads has received the most attention, with the soon-to-release Advertiser Dashboard enabling users to submit, and pay PIV for, their own ads! This Dashboard and system is set to release around the end of September.

However, improvements were still added, such as:

• Security: additional cheat-prevention methods, as well as enhanced ban systems were implemented - since the implementation, zero account anomalies have been spotted, with pool PIV increasing despite the user count increasing, proving the sustainability of the PIVCards fee split model alongside PIVX Rewards' dynamic reward system.

• New Perks: a new Perk for Labs Ambassadors has been added - granting massive increases in faucet rewards, and more importantly, a 4x increase in referral commissions, making passive-income a reality for all active Labs Ambassadors. Additionally, a new "Self-Custodian" Perk was added to encourage users to withdraw more frequently, this saw a small increase in subsequent withdrawals, good for us, good for them, and good for SHIELD privacy!

• Labs Ads: our in-house ads system received tons of improvements, as well as various new ad campaigns - PIVCards, PIVX Poker and Project Zomboid x PIVX Labs were all highlighted campaigns ran via Labs Ads.

• Labs VanityGen
Our little-known Rust CLI tool Labs VanityGen received some massive upgrades recently in preparation for use by the Cryptech team for our Project Zomboid integration.

Primarily, the tool received an entire rewrite of PIVX Promos to automate - as conveniently as possible - the production of unlimited PIVX Promos in "batches", you can specify as many batches as you wish, with as many PIV and as many Code Quantities as desired. Essentially, VanityGen can completely automate a service's batch-production of promo codes, outputting them in to a simple CSV format.

My video demo of PIVX Promos VanityGen (showing a completely automated production of codes using PIVX Core RPC) is too large for the forum, but if you'd like to see a demo, ping me on Discord and I'll throw the video over!

Details on the integration can be found in our Labs x Cryptech proposal - this integration is powered exclusively by PIVX Promos, a PIVX Labs technology.

• Project Zomboid
Our game integration with Project Zomboid is now live on Labs Ads, in addition, with it's own homepage!

The page serves as a very quick introduction to our integration, the server connection info for players to join, and also shows a real-time list of in-game players and their character names.
This page is built-in to Labs Home, our Master domain and server.

• Other Stuff
In general, it's nearly impossible to list ALL complete and in-progress work given the scope of my role covers the entire organisation of PIVX Labs, that said, there's many smaller or less notable things I've done in these cycles, but will not be listing for the sake of brevity, sanity, and/or simply forgetting said smaller accomplishments, some examples of smaller work being: server, domain and DNS maintenance, various DevOps work, Labs Oracle, Labs social media (X) management and marketing direction.

What will I continue to do for the next three cycles?

Continue as Project Manager to push PIVX Labs to it's best.

With many services having now received well-needed TLC, it's a good time to push some efforts back in to new features. As of current, this next cycle presents some *very* big releases at PIVX Labs, all of which have *hard* deadlines.

While the rest of the team steam ahead in completing and adding new features, I will be focused on Stability and UX, ensuring all of our apps go to production in the highest quality we can realistically achieve in our given timeframes - MyPIVXWallet and PIVCards being our two biggest hitters in both users and service-complexity.

To be specific, in these next cycles, my points of interest are:
- Finishing, and releasing, MyPIVXWallet v2.0.
- Finishing, and releasing in it's full planned scope, the Labs Ads campaign system - allowing anyone to create and manage their own ads via Labs Ads.
- Releasing massive user-centric features for PIVCards - such as Cashback and the 'Explore' Catalogue system.
- Continue building features in to PIVX Rewards to encourage community growth and Ambassadorship.
- Work alongside the Design and Marketing teams of Labs and Core to optimise cross-team marketing efforts, improve growth, and capture more users for our ecosystem.
- ... various other Labs projects & MPW improvements that I cannot predict ahead of time: goals change, priorities shift, but work will always happen.

... want to add your own ideas for us to build?
Join and let's get it done!

I, and the entire Labs team + community, thank everyone who have supported our work thus far, and allowed us to prove that we can get shit done without too much messing around - we have some fun, it's what keeps us sane and grounded, down-to-earth, but we keep our direction the same: build, and do it right.

Thanks for reviewing my proposal, now's your choice:

Purple Pill (Vote Yes) | Red Pill (Vote No)

- JSKitty
😺
🔧

Last edited: