Title: Migrate More Legacy News to PIVX.org Name: MigrateLegacyNews2 Term: 2 Cycles Cycle Amount: 840 PIV Total Amount: 1680 PIV Author: Kyeno Receiver: Meerkat & Alex Address: DRSht8DFArNa4oNErD9fs3evPZVcXGcSL7 Created: 2021-03-09 Status: Pre-proposal Vote Hash: 895e46e459b6fe54c03b0fe56c2c5397b41f4e01385d97b4b6670b607e14aa11
Migrate all the historical news articles from old PIVX.org website to current one to both make them accessible for indexing search bots and people.
This adds a tremendous value for both SEO (Search Engine Optimization) which feeds on content and careful researchers writing new articles or official works on PIVX' history.
Such cases has been seen on official Discord quite a few times.
NOTE: Since this is NOT just a simple copy/paste job, the process of inserting articles will be called "processing" in the text below.
This proposal was once already submitted and won the masternode voting, yet it did not get paid due to heavy budget competition of that time.
The task was then crowd-sourced and received 600 PIVs total, which was 1/5th of which the original proposal asked at it's current PIV value.
Work done so far
Alex, who was the receiver of the donated PIVs, have processed and inserted over 65 articles (which can now be found at the bottom of PIVX.org's news section).
The work included:
- copying/pasting the articles from old site (we still have a hidden copy running)
- syntactic fixes to match differences between old and current news engines
- organizing images within our current Media Library backend, some image reworking/cropping/resizing
- reporting all troublesome cases in a separate XLS file
- troubleshooting and consulting with me or Meerkat
Work to be covered by this proposal (both cycles)
- processing all the remaining articles in English (Alex)
- redacting/fixing the articles that could not be inserted due syntactic problems or unavailable functionalities (Alex under Meerkat's supervision)
- fixing SEO-breaking HTML semantics of all existing articles; f.e., multiple H1 tags (Alex)
- additional CSS styling for some of the missing news functionalities like "blockquote", "code", image floats (Meerkat)
- preparing simple custom header images for articles missing them (Meerkat)
Work that will likely not be covered by this proposal, unless...
This proposal was calculated at PIVX being around $1.25. If we will see a SIGNIFICANT price jump during the period of this proposal's activity, some of the below mentioned features might actually get incorporated. Otherwise they will be moved to next proposal, beyond this one's scope.
- processing article translations (Alex)
- improving article's SEO by manually editing HTML Meta tags and JSON-LD linked-data tags for each article (Kyeno, Alex, Ambassador(?))
|@Alex||Data processing||1,280 PIV (~90 hrs)|
|@MeerkatPower||Supervision, CSS styling, photoshopping||300 PIV|
|@Kyeno||Coordination, support||50 PIV proposal refund|
To vote yes:
mnbudgetvote many 895e46e459b6fe54c03b0fe56c2c5397b41f4e01385d97b4b6670b607e14aa11 yes
To vote no:
mnbudgetvote many 895e46e459b6fe54c03b0fe56c2c5397b41f4e01385d97b4b6670b607e14aa11 no