Cycle Amount: 16700 PIV
Total Amount: 16700 PIV
Author: Eric Stanek
Receiver: Eric Stanek
Address: DQf1Xw6RbVhyA9FkW4G5DgrZpeFpJDfGwU
Created: August 16, 2022
Vote Hash: 4ad93e7bde49fdecebd2553234c4882ead819009eebc947ca6f8528f37db55f6

DESCRIPTION:

We waited for more proposals to come it, but none did, and there is 16,700 PIV available. As the proposal title states, we are grabbing those funds for various uses TBD.
Each portion spent will be identified here with a running total until it is all spent.
Possible use cases are for Graphic Design to get images for social media, or new infrastructure costs being considered.

COSTS:

The 50 PIV proposal submission fee will be reimbursed to me from this proposal.
The total requested is 16,700 PIV.

VOTING:

PIVX Core wallet users can use the built in DAO page to cast their votes.
For console users, use one of the below commands.

To Vote YES: mnbudgetvote many T4ad93e7bde49fdecebd2553234c4882ead819009eebc947ca6f8528f37db55f6BD yes

To Vote NO: mnbudgetvote many 4ad93e7bde49fdecebd2553234c4882ead819009eebc947ca6f8528f37db55f6 no

What about mobile wallet? It's a need and that PIV can put a dent in the cost. Did we get updates on the other "slush funds"?

A mobile wallet is definitely a good idea. But would cost far more than what this proposal asks for.

Please see the respective proposals for their updates.

Perhaps not all up front, but you already know that. In your mind MPW is enough, while it is awesome we are supposed to have an official mobile wallet yesterday.

You can't honestly expect me to be optimistic or even positive when there is no mobile wallet, no core devs, kucoin dead, binance on the ropes, and a highly centralized budget.

You want to be some kind of leader but you forgot the part of taking any responsibility when things go wrong like they undoubtedly have been under your "watch"

Nope. I have never agreed MPW is enough. I have wanted a proper native mobile wallet since forever. If you can find devs to do it, and you write a solid proposal for it, you will have my votes.

Nope. I don't expect everyone to be optimistic, and it certainly can't be forced, but I myself am very optimistic. You are free to feel pessimistic, but you are not free to continuously attack others for not doing what you want. It doesn't work that way. If I demand you do something, will you do it? Unlikely. You don't answer to me, just as I don't answer to you. So, if things you think need to be done aren't getting done, then get proactive and make it happen!

I don't want to be a leader. I've been trying to retire for years. I don't 'lead' anyone on PIVX Core. I just do my thing. Don't believe me? Ask them. But, as always, there are a handful of us who do most of the work, and then a bunch of people who do nothing but complain. Totally baffles me that they think complaining accomplishes anything productive. All it does is drag everyone down.

We are getting close to releasing the new wallet version to TestNet. Next step will be production. Then we have funds to pay core devs, perhaps the same devs we have on contract now, hire another team for a native mobile wallet, support BlockDX well to be well integrated into their DEX, and do so much more.

You have a choice. Change your attitude and start helping to be part of fixing these issues you see, or leave PIVX entirely. It simply is not fair to those of us trying our best, to deal with all this constant negativity from you.

I have wanted to ban you completely from PIVX for almost a year. But, people in Core have wanted to give you another chance over and over and over. But, your supporters are pretty much non-existent now.

Start adding value, just lurk, leave, or be negative one more time and get banned. Your choice.

What about mobile wallet? It's a need and that PIV can put a dent in the cost. Did we get updates on the other "slush funds"?
You can go to each proposal and see where the funds went, most proposal authors will write updates which is great so we know that the funding didn't just end up in someone's pocket.
If the PIV wasn't picked up and put in a slush fund it would be lost. We need more people to submit proposals so we don't have any leftovers at the end of each cycle.

By the way, thank you for bringing up where funding goes @Rwenzori it has reminded me to ask you, did we ever get updates on where the rest of the funding went for PIVX poker? Did it go to fixing the issues it was having? May we all play on it now? We've been waiting to try it out for over a year. If you wrote down where it went already, I apologize as I guess I didn't see it. If not, no time like the present. :)

Last edited:
If the PIV wasn't picked up and put in a slush fund it would be lost.

It just wouldn't be minted, less free money to the system.

PIVX.poker apparently has an inactivity bug - when it runs doing nothing forever it crashes.

I know you guys think you have me in some gotcha but it's been running for a while. It's been too long, since noone plays I just left it crashed. I used the funds exactly how I proposed.

If anyone wants to play now you can at https://dogec.poker/

It is a clone and runs the same. If I get 3 non-core players who want to play I will turn PIVX.poker back on.

PIVX.poker apparently has an inactivity bug - when it runs doing nothing forever it crashes.
So now you continue spreading your falsities here, after you've been banned from discord. You're obviously trying to reverse cause and effect. It seems like it had never crossed your mind that people aren't using PIVXpoker because of the bugs users discovered (doesn't help with trust, that's for sure), and too little marketing effort on you side. But still you don't take responsibility. Even worse: you want to make people believe that it's the community's fault. And you attack core team members for it. This says more about you personally than anything else. Perfect example for biting the hand that fed you.

So I count 3 core members...

I made the poker room with the idea that "many hands make light work". You can't possibly expect 1 guy and a few developers to create this without problems. Then I have to worry about marketing etc.. I vastly overestimated how big this community actually is, the proof is in the volume and YOUR socials. You have been JFDI this while time right?

Where are the community opinions? No one has approached me on discord or even here. It's just an echo chamber.

Not sure what you are asking. Point is, you took money to make PIVX.poker. It isn't working. You should fix it. It is that simple.

Literally just you and the 2 other core members asking about it, no community member has done so far. This is the problem, the budget is so centralized that I'm only "disappointing" you three.

I know if I voted for PIVX.poker I would ask about it. But this all proves my point.

Anyway, it'll be up soon

You are conflating issues. This has notbing to do with the fact many MNOs don't vote. No one else in the PIVX Community is asking about PIVX.poker, because the Discord Community is smaller than you expected, and out of those people, pretty much no one plays poker. The fact you didn't know that is not our fault. Actually, it is moot regardless, because the whole point was to bring NEW people to PIVX. So, you obviously should have expected to do some marketing. Preaching to the choir doesn't achieve that. Take responsibility and stop blaming others.

This has notbing to do with the fact many MNOs don't vote. No one else in the PIVX Community is asking about PIVX.poker, because the Discord Community is smaller than you expected, and out of those people, pretty much no one plays poker. The fact you didn't know that is not our fault
So, nobody checks the forum, noone cares about poker from the discord, can someone point me to ANYTHING you guys have done that has ANY community participation? It's a ghost town.

I check the forum all the time. It is not a social thing. Mainly used for proposals.

Again, when your PIVX.poker site is working, we can promote it. But, that is just to the PIVX Community. You need to promote it outside the PIVX Community to bring people to PIVX.

Are you engaging at all in social media? Where? It is just as much your responsibility as anyone else's.

We have been spending far too much time lately with trolls that have nothing better to do than complain. Need to ban them faster so we can move forward.

Good luck.

Last edited:

Budget amount of 16,700 PIV received.

Submission Fee:

The 50 PIV proposal submission fee is refunded to myself.

CryptoID Explorer:

@flow11 suggested we use these funds to donate to the CryptoID explorer which is about to go offline without new donations. Great idea. The Community agreed.

1 Year works out to 11.90 Euros x 12 months = 142.80 Euros = $142.30 USD

EMail account:

Also, Bouilla did have a PIVX.org email address, and he does need it to negotiate attendance/tickets for crypto trade shows and conferences, and represent PIVX in other matters. However his account was missed during the email server migration which was paid for by a separate proposal. As such, the cost is included here.

1 year of EMail for 1 additional account = $33.35 USD.

Misc:

Current price for PIVX = $0.154 USD

Costs Itemized:

Item:Amount: ($USD)Amount: (PIV)Balance: (PIV)
Opening Balance16,700
Proposal Submission Fee5016,650
CryptoID (1 Year)$142.3092415,726
Additional EMail account.$33.3521615,510
Closing Balance15,510

Last edited:
_cryptoID.png

Everyone,

We seem to be in a constant struggle to find a talented Graphic Designer. I decided to try and solve this by experimenting with 3 different creators on Fiverr, each at a different price point. I created a 'Project Definition' for the new 'Ambassadors' campaign and gave the EXACT same info to each creator. They were also given the Social Media Guide, Branding Guide, logo files, examples etc. I also decided to push the same change request on to each of them, to see how that process worked too. Each creator was to provide an image in Twitter and Instagram formats, and also the PSD or AI source files. Here is a summary of how that went.

Note:

I will name the 3 Fiverr Creators FC1, FC2, and FC3.

FC1:

Cost was $22 USD.

Required a LOT of hand-holding and guidance. Communicated maybe 15 times over 2 days. Received 1 image, that was so poor, it was not usable.

FC2:

Cost was $53 USD.

Required a LOT of hand-holding and guidance. Communicated maybe 10 times over 2 days. Received 1 image. Image was OK, but still missing URL etc. Decided we are not going to use his image.

FC3:

Cost was $88 USD.

ZERO communication until 30 mins before deadline. I thought the guy had bailed and I was going to get a refund. Nope. He absolutely NAILED it, and there was nothing I had to ask him to correct. The 'test change' I asked for was done in less than 2 mins. He provided 3 images, so the price per image was VERY reasonable at $29 USD.

I can't begin to tell you how valuable it is for someone to just 'get it' and DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME is. He researched our Twitter and IG feeds first, so he knew what we were expecting. That made the process extremely easy.

First image he provided has been published and within a couple of hours, we had 3 or 4 people join Discord asking to become Ambassadors.
https://twitter.com/_PIVX/status/1562051512523784194

Build With PIVX:

I immediately then started a new project with FC3. This one is called the 'Build With PIVX' campaign. He will be providing 5 images, in Twitter and IG file formats, and again it will include PSD/AI source files, so we can make edits as required later. Cost for this effort is $138 USD, which is approx $28 USD per image. Delivery is today. They will go out on social soon.

Summary:

I have multiple other ideas for campaign images, but I am happy to entertain submissions from the Community. This creator has a series of questions that need to be answered, and I can do that as they are pretty straight forward and likely the same each time for PIVX, but you will need to decide EXACTLY what TEXT is on the image. You will also need to provide a description of what the image needs to look like and what 'message' you want it to communicate. I can walk you through this.

I like the idea of getting multiple image designs for the same purpose. This way, if there is one we just don't like, we can ignore it. Also, we can post often, without using the same image over and over. I think that helps keep the message fresh, even though the text remains the same.

Misc:

Current price for PIVX = $0.150 USD

Costs Itemized:

Opening Balance15,510
Ambassadors Campaign (FC1)$22.0014615,364
Ambassadors Campaign (FC2)$53.0035315,011
Ambassadors Campaign (FC3)$88.0058614,425
Build With PIVX Campaign$138.0092013,505
Closing Balance13,505

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Everyone,

We seem to be in a constant struggle to find a talented Graphic Designer. I decided to try and solve this by experimenting with 3 different creators on Fiverr, each at a different price point. I created a 'Project Definition' for the new 'Ambassadors' campaign and gave the EXACT same info to each creator. They were also given the Social Media Guide, Branding Guide, logo files, examples etc. I also decided to push the same change request on to each of them, to see how that process worked too. Each creator was to provide an image in Twitter and Instagram formats, and also the PSD or AI source files. Here is a summary of how that went.

Note:

I will name the 3 Fiverr Creators FC1, FC2, and FC3.

FC1:

Cost was $22 USD.

Required a LOT of hand-holding and guidance. Communicated maybe 15 times over 2 days. Received 1 image, that was so poor, it was not usable.

FC2:

Cost was $53 USD.

Required a LOT of hand-holding and guidance. Communicated maybe 10 times over 2 days. Received 1 image. Image was OK, but still missing URL etc. Decided we are not going to use his image.

FC3:

Cost was $88 USD.

ZERO communication until 30 mins before deadline. I thought the guy had bailed and I was going to get a refund. Nope. He absolutely NAILED it, and there was nothing I had to ask him to correct. The 'test change' I asked for was done in less than 2 mins. He provided 3 images, so the price per image was VERY reasonable at $29 USD.

I can't begin to tell you how valuable it is for someone to just 'get it' and DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME is. He researched our Twitter and IG feeds first, so he knew what we were expecting. That made the process extremely easy.

First image he provided has been published and within a couple of hours, we had 3 or 4 people join Discord asking to become Ambassadors.
https://twitter.com/_PIVX/status/1562051512523784194

Build With PIVX:

I immediately then started a new project with FC3. This one is called the 'Build With PIVX' campaign. He will be providing 5 images, in Twitter and IG file formats, and again it will include PSD/AI source files, so we can make edits as required later. Cost for this effort is $138 USD, which is approx $28 USD per image. Delivery is today. They will go out on social soon.

Summary:

I have multiple other ideas for campaign images, but I am happy to entertain submissions from the Community. This creator has a series of questions that need to be answered, and I can do that as they are pretty straight forward and likely the same each time for PIVX, but you will need to decide EXACTLY what TEXT is on the image. You will also need to provide a description of what the image needs to look like and what 'message' you want it to communicate. I can walk you through this.

I like the idea of getting multiple image designs for the same purpose. This way, if there is one we just don't like, we can ignore it. Also, we can post often, without using the same image over and over. I think that helps keep the message fresh, even though the text remains the same.

Misc:

Current price for PIVX = $0.150 USD

Costs Itemized:

Opening Balance15,510
Ambassadors Campaign (FC1)$22.0014615,364
Ambassadors Campaign (FC2)$53.0035315,011
Ambassadors Campaign (FC3)$88.0058614,425
Build With PIVX Campaign$138.0092013,505
Closing Balance13,505

Please let me know if you have any questions.
Thank you for taking this on. Graphics are a much-needed component of keeping PIVX noticed on the social media side but are hard to get right now due to a lack of graphic designers, going to fiver and having them created helps immensely.

Love how organized we are. I uploaded the images and source files to cloud.pivx.org. Done.

Soon after, @LeacyMcK got it out on social. Then @ONeZetty saw that, translated it to Spanish and BOOM ...

Now, imagine when we have 20 different languages covered by Ambassadors that are proactive like that?!!!