What's new

Archived PIVX Social Media Lead/Content Creator, Exchange Liaison.

LeacyMcK

Administrator
Staff member
Name: Ofcl-SocialAug2023
Term: 1 cycle
Cycle Amount: 9667
Total Amount: 9667
Author: @LeacyMcK
Receiver: @LeacyMcK
Address: DCjgz4QGKBJUipBsLNzfb9zLzLaEpSnKhB
Created: August 12th, 2023

This proposal builds upon my previous submission, which contains examples of past work, notable achievements, and successfully accomplished goals. For a detailed overview please refer to the following link: https://forum.pivx.org/threads/pivx-social-media-lead-content-creator-exchange-liaison.1468/

Completed Work and Accomplishments:

Weekly tasks

All weekly tasks can be found in my prior proposal, link above.

Monthly tasks
-
Complete and submit Binance report.
- Update PIVX.org if needed. (Edit roles.)
- Update Discord roles.

Monthly privacy events. (Back story and future plans.)
- I successfully organized and created the 3rd and 4th Privacy event. PIVX served as a co-host, along with Firo (Reuben Yap), and co-hosts Basic Swap and Partcl (Dr. Kap and CryptoGuard). I approached the Zano project to request their presence in the 4th event, which resulted in Pavel joining us as a guest speaker. Unfortunately there wasn’t a recording but the prior 3 were. Plans are to share these on PIVX YouTube.

When I came up with the idea of the Privacy events in early 2023, I visualized a group of like-minded privacy advocates discussing trending news that pertained to crypto and privacy, along with discussions about each project. I approached yenachar (PIVX core tech advisor and community writer) if he would be interested in representing PIVX during the events, along with Basic Swap and Particl. Reuben Yap was asked to join our group during the 2nd event.

As I grow these events, the 4 projects will continue to alternate being hosts. Plans to create a Twitter account so we can post trending news, along with each project’s updates will happen once we’ve come up with a name. Zano will be asked to return as a guest along with new speakers. The plan is to continue to grow these events and that in time this group will be recognized as the leaders in tech and financial privacy. PIVX playing a big part of this.
Goal: PIVX will be recognized as part of 'The BIG Privacy Coin' players.

Other work completed:
- Created and organized a successful community contest, Are you the next PIVX Pizza Chef? (Please see description below PIVX Community Growth: Discord.)
- Worked with Jeffrey, Hans and WhiteBIT in helping organize a Q&A via telegram which was held on Twitter.
- Worked with Shorn, JSKitty, and the social team in planning MPW’s v1.0 and v1.1.0 release.
- Ongoing mentoring of PIVX community lead ambassadors and new social team members. eg. Working with Miguel, lead for PIVX Portuguese community as he grows his community with the aids of graphics, PIVX branding, contests, etc.
- Weekly Twitter polls. Random contests.
- Commenced adding 1-3 reels to Instagram a week.
- Completed promoting the last of achainofblocks YouTube shorts to an Instagram reel.
- All posted material to PIVXcommunity is of content I created, including the graphics I thought of and had created.
- Re-posting to Twitter has increased significantly due to our growing, amazing social team.
- Over the past two months, we have witnessed the exciting addition of PIVXPortugal (Miguel) and PIVXCanada (Sylvain) to our community. While PIVXSweden (Vampryun), Germany , and most recently PIVXEspanol (OneZetty/Instagram, ElenaCC/Twitter) have experienced a revitalization, infusing new energy into PIVX's ecosystem. I have been working closely with PIVXPortugal and more recently PIVXEspanol.
- Commissioned graphics to be created for @Cryptosi's PIVX video tutorials which will be placed as a banner for the YouTube videos, and used to promote on socials.

Upcoming work planned:
- Moving forward I will complete 2 - 4 posts to Medium.com weekly.
- Privacy Event slated for early September. Tentative plan to have a new guest speaker along with the Zano project that I KNOW everyone will be interested in learning more about.
- DAO Event TBA later in September. With Hosts CryptoSi and Hans Koning and tentative guest speaker from another DAO project.
- New promotions with the exchanges PIVX has been listed on for awhile will be created to acknowledge their efforts and further grow our working relationship with them. All exchanges I have reached out to in the past
- Working to get a new article written for PIVX.org.
- Continue to work with Shorn and Jeffrey in creating promotions for new listings.

PIVX Community Growth

Discord:

In collaboration with Sh__, JSKitty, and lately PIVXPortuguese led by Miguel, we have been actively supporting community growth on Discord through various initiatives. We promoted the use of PIVi, PIVXLabs' AI genius, and actively seek community feedback to foster collaborative efforts in expanding PIVX. With Sh__'s innovative Discord welcome banners, dedicated discussion channels, PIVi integration, and random tipping, we strive to engage and involve community members more.

1) In order to add to the vibrancy and active participation within our Discord community that other core and community members have been creating, I came up with the idea of a contest called "Are you the next PIVX Pizza Chef?". The premise of this contest revolved around participants showcasing their culinary skills by crafting pizzas adorned with a prominent 'P' made out of delicious toppings. To facilitate this engaging two-week-long event, I created a dedicated channel where contestants and community members could post photos of their pizza creations and interact through comments. To ensure maximum visibility and engagement, I diligently promoted the contest on Twitter for a duration of two weeks, engaging daily with comments.

We were fortunate to have a seasoned pizza maker, PIVX’s very own Alessandro, as our esteemed judge. The winning entry was rewarded with a generous prize of 1000 PIV, while a second prize of 250 PIV was also awarded. To further acknowledge the efforts of all participants, each entrant received a token of appreciation in the form of 50 PIV. The contest brought immense enjoyment to both our core members and the wider community.

2) I established a dedicated channel for community graphics on Discord, featuring a mix of branded and nearly branded images. The purpose was to enable the members of our PIVX community to freely utilize any graphic they desired for crafting their own social media posts. The results have been highly promising, evident from the notable surge in tweets and posts over the past month. Our community appreciates the dedicated space I made for their creative needs, you can tell this by their posts on socials. It is fun to watch what as they take a graphic and create a story around it for Twitter.

3) Presently working on the new onboarding process for Discord to welcome new users in a more personal way. Hoping to get it done before 2024. (joke)

Twitter:
- Weekly Polls to increase engagement.
- With the readily available graphics for the community in Discord, increase in tweets and posts to Instagram by community members has increased. Ongoing support is given to them on socials which then encourages them to post/tweet more.

Examples of work:

Privacy event:
Q&A with Hans Koning and WhiteBit:
New listings:
Supporting well known crypto privacy advocates: (Naomi Brockwell replied!)

PIVXcommunity Pizza contest:

Metrics:

Instagram:

1691871537805.jpeg

Twitter:
("A Twitter engagement rate of 0.5% is considered outstanding for brand engagement. It will mean that your tweets have a good acceptance rate among your followers. Smaller businesses should aim for an engagement rate that’s more higher than 1% with an engaged following." ) Source As you will see, the Twitter accounts I run are always above the acceptable aka good engagement rate.

PIVXcommunity

1691871769240.png 1691871903376.png

PIVX Official

1691872293415.png1691872331119.png

Fee breakdown: 25 hours a week paid + 10 - 20 hours a week volunteer.

My previous proposal was tarnished by rumours, false accusations, personal attacks, and insinuations aimed at undermining my character and work. I even faced threats of termination from a single masternode owner who openly expressed their dislike for me. I can only hope that this time, my work will be evaluated objectively rather than emotionally, and that those who are unfamiliar with my work take the time to review the supportive comments from my successful teammates. Or better yet, ask them yourself. After all, who better to assess my performance than active core members who work closely with me, rather than those who do not.

Thank you for taking the time to read my proposal.

Last edited:
At the time I write this, there are 1,726 active masternodes but only 10 or 20 active PIVians who work day to day only wanting PIVX to be better. I don't know anyone who works harder than @LeacyMcK and who continues to keep things upbeat and positive even when others (mostly complainers, not do'ers) attack people. If I was a MN owner, @LeacyMcK would have my vote.

Always appreciate the effort and level of skill you put into PIVX. It is way more work than most people realize. Really love the 'Privacy Group' idea. Although it is a lot of effort, it is a low cost grass roots marketing way to get PIVX up there in the same league with projects like Zcash, Firo etc., where it belongs! That is HUGE value for PIVX. Thank YOU for ALL you do @LeacyMcK !

Always appreciate the effort and level of skill you put into PIVX. It is way more work than most people realize. Really love the 'Privacy Group' idea. Although it is a lot of effort, it is a low cost grass roots marketing way to get PIVX up there in the same league with projects like Zcash, Firo etc., where it belongs! That is HUGE value for PIVX. Thank YOU for ALL you do @LeacyMcK !
Thank you. I am excited about how the events are going. Fortunate to be working alongside these 4, big respect for them.

At the time I write this, there are 1,726 active masternodes but only 10 or 20 active PIVians who work day to day only wanting PIVX to be better. I don't know anyone who works harder than @LeacyMcK and who continues to keep things upbeat and positive even when others (mostly complainers, not do'ers) attack people. If I was a MN owner, @LeacyMcK would have my vote.
Awww, thank you so much, palmtree. 💜

Great to see the posts! Even got others to unblock me so i see more posts of you interacting with posts. You weren't joking about jumping it up!

Congratulations for sticking to your guns. I'm not that much of this evil person Eric and everyone makes out. I'm just someone that calls people out. If I don't think someone is worth that much why shouldn't I as a masternode voter that votes to pay funds to you and everyone else?

Without me seeing anything what would you expect me or anyone else who is a masternode voter to day about a proposal.

Now hopefully I and other voters? I dunno who else you blocked but you pissed someone off other week sees your worth with what everyone says you are.

Re: "I'm not that much of this evil person Eric and everyone makes out."

If your actions are not 'evil' then they are at best 'incompetent'.

Re: "I'm just someone that calls people out."

I agree with that approach, and I often do the same. For example .....

We all know what happens when a person is blocked on Twitter. You get a notification like this:

_blocked.png

However, you never posted such an image. Neither has anyone else.

Question: Why did you never post such proof you were blocked?

Answer: Because it never happened.

Previously, you stated you were blocked from searching on PIVX hashtags. That is not technically possible. Totally OK that you don't know Twitter well at all. However, not cool at all that you then judge people on how well they use Twitter.

I was blocked I don't need to prove anything as I can now see things now. Even others have unblocked me.

If you want me to pick the $ to interactions on all the twitter feeds maybe that will spark some sort of o shit are we actually getting a worthwhile social media manager moment.

I haven't got the time to pick through atm I'll give one example tho just to start things off.

Out of 25 votes 🤣 getting great interactions. Even the "core" group of you can't even be bothered to vote unless that's all that there is of you? Take a step back and if you didn't know her @Eric_Stanek would you or anyone be happy with that for the $ that is being paid? I'll answer for everyone...definitely not...if you are carry in reading.

Most of the posts are retweets or small posts. Siegge is doing more posts than the social media manager...

Is this some sort of delusional state you all seem to have that this is enough? laziness? Incompetence? Who knows. But increasing the budget taken for no real work in terms of interactions or even views is worrying.

It's even got to the point of bribing people to comment and follow...

Last edited:
Re: "It's even got to the point of bribing people to comment and follow..."

Borris. Even you must see the double standard. If not, YOU are the delusional one. If you do, then you are indeed evil. Why? YOU are the one that PUSHED HARD to use Coinkit over and over and over again. The CoinKit business model is completely BUILT and designed on the practice of BRIBES! It asks people to like and comment, paying them with a few pennies worth of your worthless Trezar coin you are shilling.

Now, I am not saying that WhiteBit x PIVX Twitter Storm Campaign is 'bribes'. It reads more like a 'contest' to me. They are indeed hard to do, and it would be good to know if their method works or not. Either way we could learn from it. But, implying bribes are bad, when you were extremely supportive of CoinKit which is indeed all about bribes, is just a brazen ridiculous double standard.

Further, it is a totally separate proposal and not part of what LeacyMcK is doing. So, not sure why you are using it as an example.

Please provide feedback to proposals EARLY so that authors can respond before votes get frozen. Waiting until the last minute gives them no time to point out your mistakes. That hurts PIVX. That is evil.

1.png

Don't just look at the 25 votes. Look at the views, and the reposts.
2.png

Again look at the views and reposts, of the repost.

Also look at how many views each of those reposts got etc. etc.

Again, if you had submitted feedback earlier, proposal authors and others could clarify things for you. But, you seem to be acting purely on emotion, cherry picking some single number, for some random single Tweet, and passing judgement on that. Not cool. That hurts PIVX. That is evil.

Take your time. Think critically. Ask intelligent questions. Learn!

I was blocked I don't need to prove anything as I can now see things now. Even others have unblocked me.

If you want me to pick the $ to interactions on all the twitter feeds maybe that will spark some sort of o shit are we actually getting a worthwhile social media manager moment.

I haven't got the time to pick through atm I'll give one example tho just to start things off.

Out of 25 votes 🤣 getting great interactions. Even the "core" group of you can't even be bothered to vote unless that's all that there is of you? Take a step back and if you didn't know her @Eric_Stanek would you or anyone be happy with that for the $ that is being paid? I'll answer for everyone...definitely not...if you are carry in reading.

Most of the posts are retweets or small posts. Siegge is doing more posts than the social media manager...

Is this some sort of delusional state you all seem to have that this is enough? laziness? Incompetence? Who knows. But increasing the budget taken for no real work in terms of interactions or even views is worrying.

It's even got to the point of bribing people to comment and follow...

My goodness are you needy or what?
Do you not realize that you're behaving like a perpetual tantrum-throwing child, incessantly antagonizing core members who have proven track records and more importantly, have earned the trust they now enjoy? Trust is a precious commodity in our crypto world as you know, and we've earned it within the PIVX community through years of relentless, productive work. On the contrary, your ongoing rhetoric, those baseless last-minute attacks that often make no sense to English-speaking individuals, is utterly untrustworthy.

You've yet to substantiate your lies that you so eagerly spew at us. Instead, all you manage to do is steal precious time from our PAID WORK HOURS, forcing us to indulge your insatiable need for attention.

Borris @Gerrald Please, for PIVX's sake, kindly grow the heck up. You brag about being a MN owner, well, start acting like a responsible one and not one that appears to want PIVX to fail. The PIVXcommunity can see the games you are still playing, is this the legacy you want to leave? Or do you want to pull up your big boy pants, not go on the defensive because of hurt feelings and start to work WITH US.

P.S. I am Social Media Lead, meaning Sigge is a Social Media Manager who lately has been doing a great job of tweeting. Why wouldn't I retweet some of his tweets? It's a community account which focuses on supporting the community work on socials.

Remember...
1692895317834.png