Cycle Amnt: 15,000
Total Amnt: 30,000
Author: JSKitty, Meerkat
Receiver: Meerkat
Address: DHkziYnyWRk8nW4pa1zXG6qjyuXshHj7Ap
Created: 07-02-2024
Vote Hash: e50e19460686843e46347f7f926154c5a11c9a5cb312721d75985b60dccc84c5

Proposal Abstract
Meerkat is a Graphical Designer, Frontend Developer, and UX professional - helping PIVX Labs finalise the design of Shield UX in MPW, along with BreadJS and the MPW Shield developers, providing graphical designs to prepare for announcements and releases on the PIVX Labs social accounts.

After a two month period of work reviewed by Labs Core, Meerkat will be continuing at PIVX Labs as a key component of our new Design and Marketing team - continuing to create graphical content for PIVX Labs' MANY social new outlets, which has massively boosted the userbase of the PIVX Labs Discord, by this, Meerkat and Mirela have both proven to work excellently in sync together, and this is precisely the design and marketing combination that PIVX Labs lacked previously.

Meerkat has done extensive work on potential upcoming MyPIVXWallet.org designs, fully outlined in her original LMP - Meerkat thread, as well as a multitude of platform-agnostic graphics designed exclusively for PIVX Labs and PIVX Core independently, essentially, meaning this proposal "covers" two teams worth of work - for her full list of work results, please visit the above hyperlinks for either MyPIVXWallet.org designs or Social Media Graphics.

PIVX Labs Social Designs
(Non-exhaustive list)
View attachment 1324View attachment 1325View attachment 1332

MyPIVXWallet.org Designs
(Non-exhaustive list, designs are a work-in-progress)
View attachment 1326View attachment 1328View attachment 1327

PIVX Core Social Designs
(Non-exhaustive list)
1707325643587.png
1707325743639.png
1707325666472-png.1330

Proposal Plans

To give an idea of what we're aiming to achieve these two cycles, with Meerkat:
  • Providing frontend work and advise on the overall design of MyPIVXWallet.org.
  • Performing frontend development (HTML, CSS) for MPW Shield alongside our other developers.
  • Polishing areas of MPW that have 'aged' and need a cleanup (Masternodes UI, Staking UI, etc) along with BreadJS.
  • Creating social media graphics for PIVX Labs (Twitter, etc).
  • Creating social media graphics for PIVX Core (Twitter, Instagram, etc).

Attachments

• 1707325666472.png
    1707325666472.png
    903.4 KB · Views: 458
Last edited:
In a week I will post here a report about my work.
Can you or kyeno put a proposal in/add to your current to update the website. Rss feed added so news sites can pick up, search for looking for previous news.

"No, the DAO votes to spend roughly $13,000US per month for 2 web-devs (very high in my opinion for this work and mostly for labs projects ($13k based on this cycle)) and yet no-one will/can take on what should be the simplest of tasks for almost every cms available on the planet. Instead we have a beautiful website that no-one can/will update without spending a ransom. I would rather have a crappy website that at least works and where needed things CAN be added very easily. You will also notice there is no ability to search the news or pages content!!! WTF. It's so bad that most news gets posted to other platforms like medium which further fragments data which makes PIVX look like it's not doing anything. Sorry for rant." Palm

After this rant 13k does seem alot for webdevs to only be working on mpw. @Kyeno @Meerkat @PIVX Labs

Can you or kyeno put a proposal in/add to your current to update the website. Rss feed added so news sites can pick up, search for looking for previous news.

"No, the DAO votes to spend roughly $13,000US per month for 2 web-devs (very high in my opinion for this work and mostly for labs projects ($13k based on this cycle)) and yet no-one will/can take on what should be the simplest of tasks for almost every cms available on the planet. Instead we have a beautiful website that no-one can/will update without spending a ransom. I would rather have a crappy website that at least works and where needed things CAN be added very easily. You will also notice there is no ability to search the news or pages content!!! WTF. It's so bad that most news gets posted to other platforms like medium which further fragments data which makes PIVX look like it's not doing anything. Sorry for rant." Palm

After this rant 13k does seem alot for webdevs to only be working on mpw. @Kyeno @Meerkat @PIVX Labs
I don't know to what I should reply.. So I will start at the beginning.

Kyeno is no longer with PIVX. After few rants like the one you've quoted, he wants to have nothing to do with PIVX.
I'm not a backend developer but I've been doing updates to the website in between other tasks as requested by the community. I've heard about the request for RSS and search in the News just recently so I don't know how Kyeno could've reacted to that request, him not being active in PIVX for a while now. I had a conversation with @Eric_Stanek just recently about moving PIVX website to GravCMS as requested by Palm Tree. Again I am not a backend developer, I am a designer and I can do most of the frontend work required but I have reacted to that request positively and I have promised to look into GravCMS as time allows. I have had a lot of work with MPW redesign and other graphics requests lately and so I haven't had time to move this transition along as some would like to see but I am willing to try even though I AM NOT A BACKEND DEVELOPER, I'm a designer with almost 20 years of experience in various forms of design but also in entrepreneurship and 8 years in frontend development. I am bleeding purple, I do support and believe in PIVX as a project. I can be a miracle worker and I strive to be one as much as humanly possible but I cannot do everything at once. I have however started reading GravCMS' documentation this week to hopefully be able to start moving PIVX website to it ASAP. I have few concerns about "uglifying" and lessening the functionality of PIVX website which will be unavoidable I'm afraid. Moving PIVX.org website to GravCMS will require a lot of redesigning to minimize the amount of custom sections and functionalities on the website but that will have to be done on the go for the sake of time and patience of some members of PIVX community. We'll see how it goes.

On a personal note, I do not agree and find it offensive to call my work not worth the asked price when it was voted, passed and was funded, work was done and I have supported PIVX with all the best of my abilities which is shown by the quality of my work.

I hope you find my reply helpful. 🙏 💜

Last edited:
I will divide this report into few posts as per forum's images limitation (10 per post).

• Providing frontend work and advise on the overall design of MyPIVXWallet.org.
  • Performing frontend development (HTML, CSS) for MPW Shield alongside our other developers.
  • Polishing areas of MPW that have 'aged' and need a cleanup (Masternodes UI, Staking UI, etc) along with BreadJS.

On this I have discussed with PIVX Labs community and YuurinBee and have decided to do a complete redesign of the app beginning the process of transition of all PIVX Labs apps to one consistent design platform.

Here are the designs (Part 1):

MPW Loading Screen.png MPW Main Screen.png MPW Dashboard Main Screen Unshielded Unlocked.png MPW Dashboard Main Screen Shielded Locked.png MPW Dashboard Main Screen Shielded Locked Submenu Unfolded.png MPW Dashboard Encrypting Wallet Popup.png MPW Dashboard Locking Wallet Popup.png MPW Dashboard Unlocking Wallet Popup.png MPW Dashboard Send Unshielded Popup.png MPW Dashboard Send Shielded Popup.png

Last edited:
  • Creating social media graphics for PIVX Labs (Twitter, etc).

Few times it was a time scramble to respond to urgent requests demanding very quick reaction and hasty design but we got it in time, thanks to @PIVX Labs support. I had a lot of fun creating those images with the team. 💜

PIVX Rewards Launch (Part 1):

PIVX Rewards Launch 01 Portrait-min.png PIVX Rewards Launch 01 Rectangle-min.png PIVX Rewards Launch 01 Square-min.png PIVX Rewards Launch 02 Portrait-min.png PIVX Rewards Launch 02 Rectangle-min.png PIVX Rewards Launch 02 Square-min.png PIVX Rewards Launch 03 Portrait-min.png PIVX Rewards Launch 03 Rectangle-min.pngPIVX Rewards Launch 03 Square-min.png

Last edited: